LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 08-15-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
riffraff
User

Post About me, and some questions.

Hello! From what I have seen this is a very impressive and professional site and boards and I am glad that I found you.
I am a Benefactor member of the NRA and a member of a couple of other gun organizations/clubs.
I got my first Luger many years ago. It was a conglomeration of parts and had some pitting and it did have the black plastic grips "Black Widow"? It was a fine shooter but after I got out of the NAVY I sold it to help finance my education.
Well a week or so ago I walked into the gun store and there it was... a Stainless Steel Luger. To me it was stunningly beautiful. To me, and this is only my opinion, stainless steel really "transforms" the Luger into a beautiful piece of "industrial art".
Here are my questions: I read elsewhere on the site that Stoeger has been making these since the 80's, my serial
Unread 08-15-2003, 09:55 PM   #2
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

Stoeger offered them for sale, for a few years in the last part of the 90's. You can find the stainless steel Lugers under four names, all of them from the same manufacturer...