LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 12-08-2004, 10:59 AM   #1
openbolt
New User

Question Availability of a stainless loading/takedown tool?

Hi, TIA for any help. Anyways, last spring my wife got me an American Eagle Navy that is MINT. I shot it alot last summer w/out a tool. The mag spring seems stiff and a tool would make it alot easier and pleasureable to shoot. However, I won't risk carbon migration from a carbon steel loading tool to my mag resulting in rust or discoloration. I've looked around and decided to turn here for help. Thanks, Harry.
openbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Welcome to the Lugerforum. If you visit our Links & Resources page, you will find a link to the email for the manufacturer of all of the Stainless Steel Lugers, regardless of who marketed them. The company name is Orimar. Send them an email regarding your wants, and they should be able to provide a stainless steel loading tool for you. You will have to be patient, because they are notorious for not responding quickly... Unfortunately, they don't have website. If you stop by our Member Gallery, you will find one of their latest price sheets in one of the albums, and the loading tool may be listed there for purchase.

I personally doubt that you would have any discernable carbon migration from a standard tool to your magazine, ...but if it concerns you, you just have to wipe off the mag when you are finished shooting. I have never heard anyone who owns one of the stainless steel lugers complain about the condition you are describing...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #3
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

Orimar probably only supplies the plastic tool, I would think. The plastic tool slides down over the magazine body and pushes the button down. Not a bad way to do it. Thats the way it has been since the Stoeger series began, featuring the redesigned magazine. My post Stoeger came with one...
Unread 12-09-2004, 01:34 AM   #4
Steve Richards
User

Both of mine came with the plastic loading sleave. I latter purchased two metal loading tools from them. They are blued carbon steel so I do not think that you have to worry.

I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I like having mine. One is a 6" 9mm and the other is a 4.75" .30cal.

Steve
Steve Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #5
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

Rick W, come on over to Alpine SE of Ft.Worth and you can shoot the gun with a full magazine all you want...