LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 12-08-2002, 02:10 PM   #1
bamf
New User

Question Question from a beginner - collector or shooter

Now I don't know all the details about this gun...it has nazi markings, I believe made by Mauser, still original finish ~80% (maybe more)...it has all the original parts, matching wood grips, magazines etc. but the previous owner wanted to shoot it so he decided to replace the original worn out barrel.

The gunsmith he had do it, compressed and distorted the original matching barrel. He still has the original damaged barrel. Now it has a new barrel that shoots really well.

Is the collector value gone and it's now just a shooter? Or is it still collectible?
Any guestimates what it should be worth?

Thanks
bamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2002, 02:49 PM   #2
Stu
User

I believe that people will consider this a shooter rather than collector, now the original part is gone / damaged.

Value is a pretty subjective thing, but any good condition shootable luger has a value of around $450, (purely in my opinion !), and often they sell for more, rarely less. To narrow that down pictures would be a great help as condition is still a factor.

At the end of the day anything is worth what a buyer will pay and the seller accept !
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2002, 10:42 PM   #3
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,617 Times in 526 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by bamf:
<strong>The gunsmith he had do it, compressed and distorted the original matching barrel. He still has the original damaged barrel. Now it has a new barrel that shoots really well.

Is the collector value gone and it's now just a shooter? Or is it still collectible?
Any guestimates what it should be worth?
Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

Once the original barrel was replaced, it instantly became nothing more than a shooter. Depending upon the condition of the pistol before the barrel was replaced, the value may have been significantly reduced or possibly is still in the same ball park. Without seeing the pistol in question, there's no real way to tell. Can you post pictures? As a shooter, value would be in the $400 - $600 range... again depending upon condition, etc.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote