LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-20-2002, 02:43 AM   #1
rufe-snow
User

Post Pastor Munkel From Zumbrota

Many years ago when I collected Military Handguns I bought a Dutch colonial Luger from Harry Jones. Don't remember the exact date, believe it was in the late 70's or early 80's. It was in sad condition and I wanted to have it restored.
Strangely enought the person who was recommended to me for restoration was a Lutheran Minister from Minnesota. It was said that he had restored Lugers for many years and had a reputation for doing excellent work.
I wrote him and explained what I wanted and he agreed to do it.
At this late date I don't recall If I had sent him the Luger for inspection prior to his agreement.
To make a long story short I adventully got the Luger back with restorations I requested.
When I was corresponding with Pastor Munkel he told me he was retiring and that my Luger was the last one he was going to work on.
From my correspondence with him, he seemed to be a very good and genial person.
I wonder at this late date if anybody remembers Pastor Munkel and can say how long he worked on Lugers and how he got started in the restoration business?
I always wondered how a clergyman from a small village in the rural midwest got into the business of restoring Lugers?