LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-27-2001, 09:59 PM   #1
GRW

Default 1920 carbine

I could use some help with a luger I have come across. The owner tells me it is a 1920 carbine, it is a DWM, has a 12 inch barrell, checkered forearm and uncheckered buttstock. It is a 9mm, not 7.65,gun looks pretty good, bore looks real good, some of the smaller parts are mismatched. the magazine is unnumbered but wooden bottom on it. the stock has been refinished, but looks like the pictures I see of the stocks for these guns. Has grip safety and adjustable rear site. Q? How do you know it is a 1920?If anyone has any knowledge of this type of luger I would appreciate it as well as any thoughts on its value. thanks

Unread 04-27-2001, 11:57 PM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Re: 1920 carbine

Hello GRW! I am not familier with carbines, BUT, I know that most Lugers that could be from that period, or Lugers that cannot be explained or readily identified, are lumped together as 1920's...it is sometimes used as a catch all variation period, as most any type of Luger that could be produced, was produced! I would proceed with extreme caution, as carbines are quite desirable, and originals usually generate a lot of interest....more info. is needed, I think that there are a few members of this forum, that are well versed in the carbine, and will answer most, if not all of your questions! Good luck! Till...later...G.T.

Unread 04-28-2001, 07:11 AM   #3
tom heller

Default Re: 1920 carbine

See Kenyon's Lugers at Random pages 188&189 for details. According to Charlie, some mismatched parts may be normal on this model but I feel would lower the value. I'd look for the verticle crown over N proofing and serial numbers in the commerical locations and insure that rear sight is a true 3 position Carbine sight. As GT has mentioned, many of these have recently been made up from more common guns as shooters, but even these are selling in the $2500 range, if made by a real artist, like John Martz or Art Buchanan.