LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 04-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
sdmark777
User

Default My Dad's Mauser HSC

Posted on P38/PPK Forum, but reposting here:

So my father was in the US Army stationed in Germany in the early 1950's. He spoke German and was his outfits scrounger. He befriended a Waffen SS officer named Willy. Willy walked back home from the Eastern Front and kept his uniform and an Eagle WaA 135 HSC with holster and two mags, which he carried at the end of the war. Willy's uniform fit my father (they were both about 6'2"). Willy would not part with his uniform and told my father he would be buried in it. When my father was due to ship back to the States, Willy met him at their local watering hole and put a bag on the table. Willy gave him his HSC! Their contact ended about 1953, so who knows what ever happened to Willy and his uniform. This all took place in Darmstadt, Southern Germany. The HSC and holster were in excellent condition when my father received it. But he carried it under the front seat of his car in Colorado when he got back to the states. Hence the flakes of missing blue on the left side from corrosion and the discolored holster. This was the first firearm I ever handled. It started my interest in firearms and German Automatics specifically. Dad did a pretty good job of finding German War Booty while he was over there, but it was slim pickings by the time he got there. As I grew older we worked together to grow our collection of German Automatics and War Booty. I still have all the loot he brought back and what we collected together. The HSC rig is nothing special for collectors, but the cornerstone of my collection. I have two heirs to leave this to. Fortunately, they have interest and understanding. I thought I would share this Vet bring back story, along with the HSC. Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	76643  

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	76644  

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	76645  

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	76646  

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	76647  

Name:	f.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	76648  

Name:	g.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	76649  

Name:	h.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	76650  

sdmark777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 14 members says Thank You to sdmark777 for your post:
Unread 04-30-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
MikeP
User

I have my Dad's HSc which he brought back from his time with the 506th PIR. My 1st piece of many yeas of accumulations.
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to MikeP for your post: