LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 02-11-2019, 04:47 AM   #1
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts
Smile A happy ending story (mind it's a bit boring)... :-) Eleven years ago I bought a

Eleven years ago I bought a W.C. CQB, unfortunately about a few weeks later I discovered that the pistol had a "soft" slide as after about a few hundred cartridges the slide stop notch started to peening.
I wrote to W.C. and to the Official Importer here and in about a couple of months the pistol was replaced with a brand new one that I put away as a safe queen and never shot it.
A couple of months later I found a Remington 700 Police & Leupold scope for sale at the gunshop I used to go after the range.
Stupidly enough I agreed to trade my brand new W.C. for rifle & scope.
The gunhop owner sold the CQB a few days later to an old man that I knew, as I used to see him at the range.
I regretted I sold the pistol practically the day after.
I used to see that old man quite often at the range and sometimes he used to shoot that CQB and my guts were twisting as I was really upset with myself.
In these last three or four years I've lost sight of that man, until yesterday.
We had a chat, and discovered that apparently he's also a pretty good archer and in the last three years he had given up coming to the range and has been competing with his bow instead.
More to that, he told me about his decision to sell most of his pistols...
Cutting a long story short I managed to buy my old WC back, and this afternoon she's returned back home...
I field stripped and cleaned it immediately, the chap barely used it, in fact there are no wear marks at all; unfortunately by mistake he threw away the original "Wilson Custom Gun Test Target" and the "Quality Control Checklist", and now I wonder if I can still recover a copy of them from Wilson Combat.
In any case I'm quite pleased, and all this makes me wonder as sometimes a pinch of luck can change for the better our lives.
Unread 02-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
MW2152
User

Very nice that you got that back. I had a similar thing happen to me last year, a trade made almost 15 years ago, but I got it back after regretting it for a long time.

Now we just have to persuade ourselves to never, ever ever sell or trade anything ever again!
MW2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to MW2152 for your post:
Unread 02-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
Very nice that you got that back. I had a similar thing happen to me last year, a trade made almost 15 years ago, but I got it back after regretting it for a long time.

Now we just have to persuade ourselves to never, ever ever sell or trade anything ever again!

I traded a like new T Series BHP to a friend, and immediately regretted it. I have been trying for the last 15 years to get it back.....so far, no go!!
Need DWM breechblock #21
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Assume this is a wilson combat? As I googled what you wrote, otherwise, your acronyms, may not match mine.

I thought it a WC Fields 22
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Assume this is a wilson combat? As I googled what you wrote, otherwise, your acronyms, may not match mine.

I thought it a WC Fields 22
Yes it's just one of their basic models, after that one from 2008 until now I've been lucky enough to have several others, but for some reason that was the one I regretted to have traded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_SER0944.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	75706  

Last edited by Sergio Natali; 02-12-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Sergio Natali is offline   Reply With Quote