LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 09-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts
Default Ken Burns' "The Viet Nam War" Is Now Available For Viewing Below~

Finally the true saga! Begins with the French and ends with the Wall! For the first time a half a century latter we can finally discuss those issues that have been hidden so many years. In the last chapter some of our forgotten and still suffering heros return there and prayed and hugged as friend and family who because of government inflicted caused scars that will never really heal! All are in my thoughts and prayers daily! ~Eric What a DAMN WASTE!! I will someday visit their wall! A member just found a wonderful link to all episodes~ http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/watch/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	board 001.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	68945  

Name:	crait.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	68947  

cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to cirelaw for your post:
Unread 09-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It dawned on me, The Berlin wall was build to keep a nation apart and our Veteren Wall was errected to heal and bring family together~http://thewall-usa.com/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wall 001.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	68943  

The following member says Thank You to cirelaw for your post:
Unread 10-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
Diver6106
User

I thought Stanley Karnow's documentary on the war was better. Burns was too repetitious with clips of veterans repeated for several different times of the war. There is MUCH MORE footage and available vets to elaborate on these sections rather than repeating. It was interesting to hear NVA and VC comments so long after the war and subsequent wars Vietnam had to fight in Cambodia and against the Chinese on the border.

I also am not enamored with the wall (Isn't a wall above ground with a footer below? This is a second grave.) and see the flag and statue that were added as hindsights as the memorial. And the first casualty was LTC Dewey, not listed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	First USmilitary.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	68949  

Attached Images

Diver6106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2017, 07:09 PM   #4
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

As a Navy veteran of the VN war, I found many segments of this Mega-series VERY difficult to watch, primarily due to the stupidy of those in Washington running it and the violence of those on the ground actually killing each other. Even while I was in the area, on board an aircraft carrier, it seemed rediculous that we were involved in THEIR CIVIL WAR. The only way I figured that I would be a causality, was either an accident or the Chinese getting involved and dropping the big one on us, but I did loose a couple of friends in the Corp, which I felt was unnecessary. That's why in 1966, I joined the VN Veterans against the war. TH
The following member says Thank You to Lugerdoc for your post:
Unread 10-01-2017, 07:36 PM   #5
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

God Bless You Both. I could never imagine what you both lived through and the haunting memories of the past. I often wondered, does the music bring up good or bad memories. My step uncle Edward Pulz who served in 1968 with an artillery unit and is almost totally deaf! His only solace is spending time at the Rivera Beach VA hospital. He said we outlived many presidents' pictures on the wall. God Bless your courage and devotion. Thank You And I pray You Will someday find eternal peace!! My part was preparing wils for free for those who served both Korean and Vietnam and their familys! Last week we celebrated our great uncle 100th birthday. Jules Columbo who served under one of Pattons' Generals in sicily. Debby arranged the Night of Columbus to salute him and award him! We all cried! God Bless you all are heros~PS Debby my wife sung him "Happy Birthday Mr. President" His whole Italian family flew down from New York where he was a Captain for 26 years with the NYC Fire Department. It Felt So Good and he called us both the following day and thanked us for what he called the best day of his life! Debby said "Just wait till 101"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PARTY 043.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	68952  

Name:	PARTY 060.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	68953