LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
Jim Mac
User

Default original magazine in a mismatched shooter?

I know this is strictly a personal preference type of a question. Ive got two Lugers one is matching except the firing pin 1917 erfurt I've got a non matching wood bottom magazine for it. I also have a non matching side plate and takedown lever off by one number 1918 dmw reblued luger. Ive purchased two mec gar magazines but I do have a extra aluminum bottom magazine with the four digits a letter and the + sign under it. Since the shooter has been reblued and buffed its not a collectors piece. Im sure a authentic magazine doesnt mark any difference is it worth hanging onto? Or use it as bartering material? Any opinions welcome. Jim
Jim Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
hayhugh
User

It ought to be worth " two mec gar magazines " Post the number or better yet a photo or two on this forum and someone might have a wish come true. A mag that they have been looking everywhere for..
hayhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts

Big Mac, i agree that two mecgars would probably be a reasonable trade, depending on the condition of the mag you have, it might be worth a swiss mag, a DDR or mecgar and a little cash (each is worth a bit different in value).

At one time I had several mecgars for trade, I would have to look.
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #4
Jim Mac
User

Im sorry, I think my post was misunderstood. I already have two mec gar mags for my reblued luger. Im looking fora bayonet for my arisaka. I see them for sale from 60- 200+ dollars. I was hoping to find a someone looking to trade locally. The magazine I had posted pictures last year. I was told its a 1936 mauser. Jim
Unread 01-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #5
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts

for your Arisaka, it depends on how exact you want to be. And of course, is it a Type 99 or Type 30, and to be more exact the correct type. If just looking for a Arisaka bayonet, I have those too (I like to dicker and trade).

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2015, 11:45 PM   #6
Jim Mac
User

Thank you for the information on the bayonets. Its a type 99. Now I've got to figure out what type of bayonet is correct and if its the type Ive seen that I perfer. I like the ones with the hooked quillion? The rifles had the mum ground. The wings of the AA sights were missing so was the mono pod and dust cover. The gentleman I got it from told me his dad brougbt it back from the war. Unfortunately the bayonet and other accessories were in a box and his mother tossed it. Somehow the sword didn't get tossed. I picked up a set of AA sights but ive since found out some of the rifles didnt have the wings. I picked up a training rifle to rob it of the dust cover. Turns out the 6.5 trainer and type 99 covers are different. Jim