LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-15-2002, 02:30 PM   #1
tom collins

Default IMA luger holster

i just got one of the hard shell repro's for my luger from IMA. it's real nice, but how in the heck do you get the booger out once you've put it in? no wonder they lost the war.

Unread 03-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #2
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: IMA luger holster

Tom,

I had a BHP with a wooden holster that I had the same problem with. Didn't want to screw up the gun getting it out. Really was a problem. Never knew that too tight could be a negative though.

Roadkill

Unread 03-15-2002, 03:21 PM   #3
dgp42
User

Default Re: IMA luger holster

Unfortunately, the REPRO holsters are not quite as wide on inside front to back inside holster area. I would'nt put a Luger I cared about in a repro. I had one and gave it away to someone who used it with a shooter. Original is only way to go. Repros are a waste of money. IMO

Unread 03-15-2002, 03:28 PM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Tom, the small strap to the right of the buckle! </strong>
			</div>
			<hr size=
Pull on the end of the strap (Red Arrow) and the pistol is lifted up so you can remove it from the holster.

It is not a quick draw rig, but actually a protective leather case that is worn on the belt for transport of your sidearm. The Luger can be very dust sensitive due to the exposed sear. The full holster helped keep it ready for use. The Luger was never in the holster if there was the likelihood that it would be needed and used...

-John

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/Lu...holster03a.jpg
Unread 03-15-2002, 09:44 PM   #5
mlm

Default Re: Tom, the small strap to the right of the buckle!

The proper procedure for removing a luger from the holster first has the user level the holster horizontally. Lift up the bottom of the holster first so the luger is lying horizontal, THEN, the strap is pulled to slide the luger out for easy removal. Of course, the buckle was undone before this process began.