LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-04-2002, 06:09 PM   #1
Thor
User

Default Luger of the MONTH

Hi John, congrats on a HUGE COOL Luger rig! That Krieg is BEAUTIFUL as is the holster! What a very very nice Main page! I love it!!!! YA GOT ME THINKING ABOUT THOSE.....never mind, that joke would NEVER work twice! It is NICE!!! ~Thor~ PS, thanks for ALL you do.....for all of us!!

Unread 03-04-2002, 10:20 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Thanks Thor..!!!

I DID NOTICE, though - that the FIRST Luger you pulled from the shelf was that MINTY Krieg 1944 MATCHED RIG.. That's when I got a little "suspicious" Yea - I knew you were there the day before scouting out the good deals LOL!!!

I'm still negotiating my "Ralph's Shopping List" - and I think Ron, Bill M. and you have a pretty good idea what I'm thinking about. Oh - and I should add - I'm not negotiating with Ralph about the "Shopping List" - but rather - Jen and the budget... Damn, she is tough (ever see the movie "Joe vs. the Volcano" - well, I'm "Joe"

Anyway - thanks again for the post! Yea - I love my Kriegs - but I'm being swayed into a "earlier" periods as well.. So, I'm wrestling with letting some of my WWI and DWM/Mauser pieces go to afford a "more diverse" collection.. I guess that's part of the fun of working at collecting!!!

Unread 03-04-2002, 10:41 PM   #3
BILL
User

Default Re: Thanks Thor..!!!

Diversity in Lugers..that does have a ring to it..Jen must surely understand that..

Unread 03-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #4
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: Luger of the MONTH

I've seen many pictures and a few for sale, but have not seen a shoulder holster for either the P38 or the Luger with waffenampts or markings. I have no doubt that they are genuine. I've got a P38 from a vet in a US shoulder holster and he said it was from a German tank crew member. Any comments or history?

Roadkill

Unread 03-05-2002, 08:50 AM   #5
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Shoulder Holster Pic...

Below is a picture of the Luftwaffe Acceptance Stamp (LWaA2) just above the "1936" Date Stamp. These appear on the reverse side of the holster near the top edge (sorry - but I didn't want to fill the proof with "white" to clarify the picture, as I have no idea what it might do to either the proof stamping or the leather). The Acceptance Stamp is consistient with others found on HK proofed holsters.

Enjoy..!

http://www.p38forum.com/hk/36web/2.jpg