LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 10-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
wingrider
New User

Default looking for info

I have been left a luger by my father in law and would like to find out some details about it

Info on the top of barrel 1940, top of frame 42 underside of barrel 1211 (I belive this to be the serial number) all parts have 11 stamped on them . Right side of frame to barrel has straight winged eagles and 655 stamped. The under side of the barrel to the trigger guard has a stylized h. It is what I would call in exellent condition the finish is not worn much at all, also have holster with it as well.

Any help would be apprecated I am new here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04270021.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	21841  

wingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Hi Tony,

You've got a Mauser manufactured Luger that was made in 1940 for the Nazi military in Germany.

If "1211" appears over the "h" on the front of the frame, that is the full serial number. "1211h".

The picture shows a Luger in very high finish, but the flash makes it difficult to judge the finish as being original or a re-blue.

You're in the UK. Is the pistol deactivated?

The magazine looks contemporary with the pistol. It's likely manufactured by Haenel, and has the letters "fxo" on it. Does the serial number on the bottom of the magazine match the gun?

What would you like to know about your Luger?

Marc
Unread 10-22-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
wingrider
New User

Hi Mark
Thanks for the reply, I will try to get a better picture up when time allows. I do not belive it has been reblued, as to operation full as far as I can tell ?. what can I do to rectifie that ? the Mag is plain silver in colour, there are no other markings other than the serial number on the bottom which does not match the frame.
The history of the gun as I know it is that my father in law swaped it with a fellow service man while in germany and brought it back home afte he finish his service and it has been here since. The guy he traded with apperantly got it from a deceased german service man. and it has been stored ever since as far as I am aware.

Regards Tony.
wingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to wingrider for your post: