LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 08-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
jgrip
New User

Default I need help on Identifying 2 Lugers

The first has the DWM marking over the top just in front of the toggle but no date on the frame above the barrel. on the right side of the frame there is an inscription that the best I can make out is E.L.C.S.A There is something under this but it is too far gone. In front of both of these is a diamond shaped eagle. On the left side of the frame is an N with a crown above it next to the serial #. On the frame just in front of the trigger gaurd is a squiggly looking t, kind of looks like ^t if you put them together. The second Luger has a 42 on top with the N and crown right next to it. On the left side of the forward toggle lever is tiny eagle with a circle below it. The right side of the frame looks like it has the same E.L.C.S.A and all the #'s are a 3 diget 178. There is what appears to be an upside down Q on the front of the trigger gaurd. This one also has no date on the top above the barrel. Thanks, John
jgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Ice
User

Welcome to the forum, John. If you can post photos of your Lugers we can definitely help with identification and answer questions. Verbal descriptions only are just too general for us to help.

Best

Charlie
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
jgrip
New User

I'm haveing trouble sending pics. I keep getting kicked off the site. Will try again later. Thanks, John
jgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

The ELCSA marking on your lugers would appear to be applied by an importer, which will reduce the value to a collector. TH