LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 03-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
captcraig
User

Default Serching for toggels.

I need some help. I recently made a huge blunder and purchased before looking. I was caught up in a fellows story about how his grandfather had brought back these Lugers from WWI and WWII and put my money before my brain.

The Lugers I purchased have all matching numbers except for the toggle assembly. The first is a Mauser dated 1938 Ser. #4784 the toggle assembly is marked 42 with ser. #78 on all three pieces. All marking show that this is a Mauser made gun.

The second a ERFURT dated 1917 Ser. #1919 the toggle assembly is marked ERFURT with ser. # 38 on the middle and rear pieces. All marking show that this is a Erfurt made gun.

The ware on the toggles matches the guns making me think they were switched along time ago.

The Mauser is in the 90% range and the Erfurt in the 80%.

If any one out there has the correct toggles I would be interested in purchasing them. I know it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack but as of now I feel like I took my money and tossed it out in the street. So look through those old toggles and see if you have the right one for me.

Thanks for the help.
captcraig is offline   Reply With Quote