LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
davidkachel
User

Default Stag Luger grips on ebay

I'm not interested in these but thought one of you guys might be:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=005
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
tacfoley

Default Re: Stag Luger grips on ebay

Quote:
Originally posted by davidkachel
I'm not interested in these but thought one of you guys might be:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=005
I'd feel insulted if I was offered these objects. It's not as though they were actually made with these ghastly things.

Mind you, if there were a set of Micky Mouse grips in green plastic I might be tempted...

tac

Unread 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #3
davidkachel
User

Default Re: Re: Stag Luger grips on ebay

Quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley ...Mind you, if there were a set of Micky Mouse grips in green plastic I might be tempted...

tac [/B]
Tac,

I'll go into the lab and see what I can do! <grin>
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

no accounting for taste I like them, have a couple of sets of stag grips for my "non" collectable lugers.

Ed

Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Unread 12-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
StarOfTheWest
User

I am bidding.
I always wanted some of these for my shooter.
Unread 12-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
zinfull
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

They look better than the plastic stag grips I got. that pair would look nice on a shooter or chrome pistol.

Jerry
Unread 12-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #7
tacfoley

Quote:
Originally posted by zinfull
They look better than the plastic stag grips I got. that pair would look nice on a shooter or chrome pistol.

Jerry
IMO putting these things on a Luger is like hanging a pair of furry dice on the rear view mirror of a Ferrari, but hey, what do I know? I haven't even got a Luger that works.

Each to his own.

tac

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
StarOfTheWest
User

I have a couple of nickel plated shooters that would look great wearing these.
I mean, once you are bling blinged out with nickel, ya might as well go all the way, no?
Yeah, I wanna buy them a Christmas outfit, and I just can't find elf hats small enough to fit the toggles, lol.

Tac, you got fuzzy dice that will fit a Luger?
Please PM me with a pic.

And you don't even own a Luger that works?
You poor thing.
I go to the range a LOT, and since folks already gaze longingly at my shooters, I might as well add something cute to one of the shiny ones.

It's not like I am going to mount them on the 02 Carbine or something.

But if I had a Ferrari, I sure as hell WOULD hang fuzzy dice on it, as the irony would be delicious and might make people smile instead of despising me for owning the beast in the first place.
Unread 12-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #9
tacfoley

Quote:
Originally posted by StarOfTheWest
And you don't even own a Luger that works?
You poor thing.
I go to the range a LOT, and since folks already gaze longingly at my shooters, I might as well add something cute to one of the shiny ones.

But if I had a Ferrari, I sure as hell WOULD hang fuzzy dice on it, as the irony would be delicious and might make people smile instead of despising me for owning the beast in the first place.
Well, I am astoundingly grateful for your 'sincere', if somewhat misplaced, sympathy. But I still have 18 rifles and three other working handguns, you will be enthused to learn.

I too go to the range a lot, you will be cheered to learn. I COULD go every day of the week, as the outdoor range of my outdoor and indoor club is but a scant seven miles away, but I bravely constrain myself to three times a week in day-time, and once at night. You, of course, will tell me that you go every night.

The difference here in UK is that I mean that I go shooting in total darkness, with a selection of moderator-equipped and night-sight fitted centre fire and .22 rifles...

As a former Ferrari owner for many years, I can reliably inform you that I never once saw a set of furry dice, or even tasteful leopard-skin seat covers on any Ferrari - certainly not of any of the four I owned.

I am surprised, though, that you have not yet put a nice little Harris bipod of any of your many carbines.

tac

Unread 12-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #10
StarOfTheWest
User

Well, it *was* sincere, Tac, as I thought that you UK folks could still own and shoot handguns with the proper permission, and maybe kept at a shooting club.
I am awfully sorry if that is not the case now.

I had 356 Porsches for years, and used to have great fun with them, but I am indeed envious of Ferraris.
What great cars!
Surely, that helps make up for the Lugers a bit?
Unread 12-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
tacfoley

Quote:
Originally posted by StarOfTheWest
Well, it *was* sincere, Tac, as I thought that you UK folks could still own and shoot handguns with the proper permission, and maybe kept at a shooting club.
I am awfully sorry if that is not the case now.

I had 356 Porsches for years, and used to have great fun with them, but I am indeed envious of Ferraris.
What great cars!
Surely, that helps make up for the Lugers a bit?
Hmm.

If you don't mind shooting whilst being supervised by some spotty-faced yoof, and having to hand your handgun in after you have picked up and handed over all the empties, you CAN shoot and pretend that you own a handgun in England, Scotland and Wales.

But having commanded troops in a combat zone my pride just won't let me do it.

I'm sure you can understand that?

Maybe not.

I only ever had one Porsche, a 1968-series Carrera, and can only imagine what having 356 of them must be like. Simply having the space for them all must have posed a challenge, even for you Americans with your large garages.

tac

PS - if you e-mail me I can show you what kind of handgun I CAN own here in mainland UK. It might just surprise you.

Unread 12-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
Ron Smith
User

Posted for Tac...

This is the kind of handgun we are allowed to have here on mainland UK - a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 14" bull barrel and Burris 2-7x44 scope. The bit sticking out of the bottom of the butt is to make it 24" long overall.

This is one of my fun-guns. A straight-pull Southern Armoury AR-15 with a short carbine fluted stainless heavy barrel in 1 in 9 twist, shooting the 80gr Hornady match .223 bullet into 1/4" five shot groups at 100m. The scope is the Schmidt & Bender 8-32x56 34mm PM-2 tactical illuminated version.

Tac
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #13
Ron Smith
User

tac,

Just thought of something while looking at your photos, and that rod extension attached to the Redhawk grip frame.

Here in the States a shotgun or rifle has to have minimum 18" or 16" barrel respectively, and cannot be shorter than 26" overall. A modern hand gun cannot have a butt stock, unless the barrel is at least 16", and the whole firearm is at least 26" overall with stock attached.

If we here in the U.S. were to attach the G.B. required extension to a handgun. It could be construed as an attempt at attaching an illegal butt stock to a handgun. Whereas, over there, it is illegal not to have the extension.

This kind of says it all... gun laws can only be created and invoked by people who have their heads firmly imbedded in their a$$.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #14
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

If I can ever convince our dear friend TAC to come to my home on one of his many visits to this ex-colony, I will endeavor, between trips to a shooting location to teach him how to post his own photographs on the Lugerforum... a feat he has avoided for many years, even more years than our other dear friend Tom Armstrong... who finally has a grasp of the basics...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
tacfoley

Quote:
Originally posted by John Sabato
If I can ever convince our dear friend TAC to come to my home on one of his many visits to this ex-colony, I will endeavor, between trips to a shooting location to teach him how to post his own photographs on the Lugerforum... a feat he has avoided for many years, even more years than our other dear friend Tom Armstrong... who finally has a grasp of the basics...
Dear John - 'snot a matter of igerance, but of legality. I may use my pc to send an image via e-mail, but I may not send an image directly from my pc to another url.

The reason is a simple one - my pc is used to produce sworn evidential statements for use in court, and is itself a 'sworn document'. The hard drive may therefore not be 'accessible' to another source in case of inadvertant contamination - in other words, I cannot use it to post an image, since imagery is the source basis of my evidence, and therefore cannot be corrupted or interfered with in any way.

The same goes for both my lap-tops, one of which is used to interface with imagery reproduction systems in court that are either still or movies.

In the near future, when I get paid for my latest bout of Japan work, I shall be getting an iMac for my own personal use, and THEN I will be in a position to use the image posting facilities to my heart's content, and will not therefore be reliant on the goodwill of either yourself or my old floon Ron.

I hope that I may be forgived for relying on you all these years.

Besp

tac

Unread 12-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #16
beachbaker
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Tac, Star of the West was referring to the early model designation of 356 as being the early "bath tub" style. These were the models built up until 1965 after which the air cooled porsches became the 912 (4 cylinder) and 911 (6 cylinder) series. I keep one of both around just to have fun in. Thanks, Curt
Unread 12-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #17
tacfoley

Quote:
Originally posted by beachbaker
Tac, Star of the West was referring to the early model designation of 356 as being the early "bath tub" style. These were the models built up until 1965 after which the air cooled porsches became the 912 (4 cylinder) and 911 (6 cylinder) series. I keep one of both around just to have fun in. Thanks, Curt
Dear Sir - you, being a comparative [and most welcome] newcomer to this site, are probably not aware that I am WELL aware of the type designator of the Porsche 356. As a Porsche owner for some fifteen years, I cannot help but know what a Type 356 is, thank you.

I am known on this forum for my somewhat eccentric application of what is known over here as literary irony, something for which we are rightly famed. And here in UK, my comment would have been readily understood as what we call a literary pun or allusion and not taken as a measure of my ignorance on matters automotive.

If you read my posts very carefully, and with a degree of tongue in cheek necessarily applied, you will find that they are, in fact, mostly plays on words, puns, or use the words of the poster's original text in what, over here, is generally held to be an amusing format in repartee.

If any of my posts do not appeal to you, or offend your sense of correctness, please feel free, as most do, to ignore them. You can, however, rest assured that I rarely make mistakes on matters automotive or technical in general, but enjoy playing with words as a matter of course.

You are indeed fortunate to have a couple of Porsches 'hanging around just to have fun in'. Like many American millionaires, it probably shares your car-barn with a brace of Deusenburgs, Cords and a slack handful of the rarer Ferraris, as well as your collection of forty or fifty vintage warplanes.

Sadly, in my reduced circumstances, and living in an Eastern English countryside prone to floods, I am forced to rely for my daily transport on my Mercedes-Benz AMG ML430, and for such fun as I am able to avail myself of, in these troublesome and penurious times, on my poor old Mercedes-Benz 380SL.

Sad times indeed.

tac

Unread 12-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #18
beachbaker
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Wow Tac what an acerbic tongue!!! I really meant no disrespect and truely thought you had misunderstood the thread. Your answer speaks for the person you must be. Curt
Unread 12-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #19
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

THREAD CLOSED
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Closed Thread