LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
tommyz88
New User

Default My First Luger

Hello Everyone,

New Luger owner here....

I've been wanting a Luger for some time now and finally got one last week. I have included a few photos of it and would like to ask you guys for some help. I'm not that familiar with it and was wondering if you could assist me with rating and pricing it. What I do know is that it's a 1916 DWM, all maching, down to the firing pin and grips, except for the magazine. It also looks as if it has the original finish. The safety looks as if though it has 3 grooves/positions, is this normal? It came with the holster and magazine shown below. Can anyone read the maker marks of the holster? I can make out the date "1915", but that's about it. Lastly, it looks like the magazine came without the top plastic piece that the bullets rest on, is this replaceable or do I need to get a new magazine?

Thank you for looking and all your help.

Tom

tommyz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,530 Times in 943 Posts

Tom Looks like a standard WW1 luger in fairly good condition. The safety is only 2 positions, not sure what the other indentation is. Your mag is missing the metal follower. You might find one on ebay or just purchase another wood bottom mag. Your holster has been around. Lots of poor home repairs.. The BAX is a clothing dept mark. I can't read the manufacturer except for location of Karlsruhe. My reference lists Ed Moser, Max Oswald and L.Ritgen for this location. Does it look like any of these? I'm sure others will answer. Welcome to the luger world. Bill
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
policeluger
RIP

you'll need a follower and follower button....
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote