LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 03-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
crc
User

Default 1937 s/42

Is it typical for the thumb safety lever, trigger, magazine lever and grip screws to be a darker, shinner blue finish than the rest of the pistol? Thank you. Randy
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
crc
User

Must have been a stupid question
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
minigun
User

No, not a stupid question, probably the ones that have seen this post don't know. I'm not an expert either, but I have had an S/42 '37 non-strawed parts Luger before.

It seems that I recall that my grip screws weren't any darker than the rest of the bluing. The trigger and mag ejector button (right side) did seem to have a darker sheen to it.

Hope this helps.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Shades blue!!

Hi Randy and all, The different parts usually show a different depth and shade of color for several reasons... most notibly.. the direction of the polishing marks with metal prep... The different grits and polishes in each area where the parts are made... the different metal type and hardness, or lack of... The type of part & wear, as in a protected part, or an exposted part... also the amount of finish that leaches out over time on a receiver, versus a bright blue barrel... I usuall look for difference in these areas, and if possible in outdoor sunlight... I find most of the honest pistols show quite a bit of difference in their individual part color... I have always noticed the flat side of the mag release is always darker then the surrounding frame area.. and as I said earlier..barrels are most often darker then the receiver... grip screws, shinny and dark... unless they have seen a bit of use... then lighter, duller... If you see a real crisp "byf" it's every bit as pretty as a earlier S/42... just more finish marks where they didn't go to the next level of polish... still real pretty when bright blue is still present... Best to all, til...lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote