LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 02-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Pete Ebbink
User

Default Swiss Luger Alert...

A few months back, I had a chance to inspect the following Swiss lugers in person and with loupe and lights. Seller out of Florida was convinced they were all mint, factory original pieces...they are not.

All are 100% finish with only a minor scuff or scratch. Generally none showed any evidence of "halos" where appropriate, all showed the loss of depth of the stampings of the serial numbers and/or proofs. No patina or oxidation on any of the eight (8) lugers I looked over in detail.

Polished thumb safety areas on the applicable models were nicely redone but loss of the original "cut" was seen and most new polished areas were a bit too narrow.

The M1900 and all M1906 guns listed below had the indentical look to them...right down to those trade-mark fire-blued grips screws. It was apparent they were redone by the same gifted refinisher.

The M1929's similarly all looked like they just came out of the same bluing tank and the 9 mm M1929 listed below had a recently made 9 mm barrel added. The 9 mm M1929 also did not have hard rubber black grips...

Seller, I suspect, was just moving merchandise for Waffenfabrik-USA...may not have known these were not factory original...of if he did, he seemingly did not care. He seemed like a nice fellow that was just moving a bit of his retirement income with the hope to make a tidy profit and travel the gun show circuit for a bit.

Hope these do not end up in Member's collections...

* M1900 Swiss Ordnance, serial # 5275
* M1906 Swiss Ordnance, cross/sunburst, # 11325 (too late a number not to be a cross/shield, IMO...)
* M1906 Swiss Ordnance, cross/shield, # 14455
* M1906 W+F Bern Ordnance, # 29497
* M1929 Swiss Bern, black plastic, # 64943
* M1929 Swiss Bern, brown plastic, # P.25844
* M1929 Swiss Bern, red plastic, # 73627 (this one is way too late in the serial range to have red plastic grips/magazine, IMO...)
* M1929 Swiss bern, black plastic, in 9mm, # 78051
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote