LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 07-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
MarkC
User

Default Astra 900 Disassembly

Gentlemen,

I just acquired a very nice German contract Astra 900 and need some help.

Does anyone know how to take this gun apart? I removed the baseplate and spring but there is no latch under the hammer to release the assembly.

Mark
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
MarkC
User

Just found the answer to my own question. FYI........

Here are some text instrucitons from a Guns Magazine article from 1970 by H.W. Heslin Jr.

"The takedown of the Astra is somewhat different from that of the Mauser. First remove the magazine floorplate, spring, and follower exactly as you would on the Mauser. Next push the safety lever up to its â??safeâ? position. Viewing the Astra from the left side you will notice a groove at the top rear of the sideplate. This groove is in the form of a cut or straight line about 1/4 inch long. To dismantle, lower the safety lever so that the bottom of the safety lines up exactly with the groove in the sideplate. There is a brightly pol-ished pin just above the words CAL 7.63 which are stamped on the side-plate. Now with the safety lever lined up with groove, push the pin from the right side and take it completely out. The sideplate can now be removed. To do so there is an indentation at the rear of the sideplate that looks like the nose of a bullet. Using this indentation push the sideplate to the right and slide it off the frame. With the sideplate off you can see the internal working parts of the gun. Next the barrel and the barrel extension can be removed from the frame. This is accomplished by removing another brightly polished pin which is located just to the left of the first pin. Push this pin from the right and take it out. Now lift the barrel and barrel extension off the top of the frame. The firing pin, bolt stop, bolt, and the recoil spring can be stripped from the barrel extension exactly as you would remove these pieces from the Mauser. Finally the locking components can be removed one by one from the frame. This takedown procedure is slightly more complicated and much harder than the takedown of the Mauser."
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote