LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 02-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
Roadkill
User

Default Ted Green/aka Thor

Ted's probably going to get po'd at me for posting this, but if any of you ever have any hesitations about doing business with this gentleman I wish to dispell them completely. He restored a 1918 Erfurt for me and it is my most treasured gun. In the process he "upgraded" his work for me just because he's a good guy. Then I just bought a P38 from him, connections were made between me, FFL transferer, and Ted. The FFL was sent, then I
told Ted when I sent the money order. This is the reply I got:

"Sgt Roadkill, I have received the FFL but not the funds yet. I have however shipped the gun. ALSO, please find a softshell holster and extra mag (total 1 in gun and 1 in holster) for your P.38. I wanted to throw those in for you. Expect the package to arrive around Tuesday/Wednesday time frame (March 1/2) Thanks RK! Thor"

One of the indicators of a person's integrity is when they are decent when it is of no advantage to them. Need I say anymore?

rgg
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Thor
User

"There goes the neighborhood..." Ah shucks! Ya made me blush. God is good to me, I can only try to do this for others.
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2005, 08:50 PM   #3
trigger643
User

Ted, what is your normal turn around time?

trigger643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
Thor
User

Normal is 3-5 months as per my website. Small spot repairs are usually only 2-3 weeks. Some jobs that require engraving or extensive welding adds anywhere from 4-6 months because some of the work is subbed out. Your particular gun was almost ruined by the person that cut the frame flat. It has been to Don almost 6 times now. He runs a full time business so sometimes is it gone anywhere from a week to 3 weeks at a time. I am sorry it is taking so long but I sure dont want to send it back in bad shape.
I have it and Don says if the current fix doesnt work it will try something a bit different. We have the back shaped but the weld pits are what we are battling. Here is what the problems are by a picture. I can do a gun in a week usually but when things like welding show up I have to have some help. Don and I are about going nuts but are persistently working on it. Thanks for your patience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010014.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	154  

915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
Heinz
User

Default Ted Green

When you get yours back it will look at least as good as this. Excuse the fingerprints but the picture was originally take to show the GT modified MecGar magazine. It groups 3 inches at 50 yards without a rest (on a really good day)

Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2005, 09:23 PM   #6
trigger643
User

Ted, I am unconcerned. The reason I was asking as I had passed your contact information onto a friend of mine here and that was the only thing about your process I didn't know. I understand mine has turned into a special needs item and not the "normal" project. Glen

Unread 02-28-2005, 08:38 AM   #7
unspellable
User

Default pits

Ted,

I am getting the impression here that you are building up pits by welding a little spot of metal in them. Is this the case, or is it just my overheated imagination? If so, how well do they blend in by the time you have applied blueing?
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #8
trigger643
User

unspell-- Actually there was very little trace pitting on the pice. Some one in the last 100 years or so attached a stock lug to my 1900 AE, when Ted removed it, it was discovered the back strap had been ground flat. The welding is to rebuild the contour of said strap but the welding process itself can create voids and pits in the metal which in turn have to be filled. Glen