LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 01-02-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
John H
New User

Post Lithuanian Luger?

On the gunbroker auction site is listed a "Extremely hard to find Lithuanian Contract, 1940, 7.65 Cal, Serial 32xxr, All Matching + both magazines match. Franklenschoss Suhl on Right Receiver. See Costanzo Page 313, 182 Independent Nitro Proofed (1940 era), 98% Blue, 15% Straw. Very Hard to come by." I'm curious I can't find anything in Kenyon or my other books about this. Is there such a Luger?
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #2
Navy
RIP

Yep, Lithuanian lugers are real; there just weren't many around. Some were supplied new, others were reworks of W.W.I era pieces. Re-work contractors, IIRC, were Lunenschloss and Vono (Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Welcome to the Lugerforum John H. I see you are a first time poster.

Take your time and browse around the site. Much good information here about the Luger pistol...both on file and in the experience of our 800+ members worldwide...

I hope you enjoy your stay.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 05:43 PM   #4
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,614 Times in 525 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Tom A:
<strong>Yep, Lithuanian lugers are real; there just weren't many around. Some were supplied new, others were reworks of W.W.I era pieces. Re-work contractors, IIRC, were Lunenschloss and Vono (Am at contractor site away from reference materials)
Tom A.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Tom, do you know of any references for the re-worked Lugers reportedly sold by contract to Lithuania? None of my books mention them at all. Jan Still posted that Frankenschloss (Franken & Lunenschloss of Suhl) sold re-worked Lugers to Lithuania but no reference for his information. I have a Frankenschloss rework of the post-1939 period (E/N & E/J proofs) but it's obviously not a Lithuanian contract pistol. It's a .30 caliber based on a 1906 Navy, 1st Issue, Altered. I've posted pictures of the markings on this forum not more than 10 days ago.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 08:45 PM   #5
Navy
RIP

Hi Doubs,

Hey Georgia Boy, I wish I could help and do some digging but am on assignment and don't have time to do research. I can't remember where I read about the Lith contracts...maybe someone on the forum will decide to do the research and become the expert...and a new forum subdirectory is born!

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2003, 10:12 AM   #6
John H
New User

Hi Doubs

I was intrigued by that Lithuanian Luger(and still am), but I could find no References in my Kenyon or Walter books, I don't have any of Jan Stills books but there's a gun show this weekend and I'll check books while there, a seller at the show usually has one or two of Stills books.

John H
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2003, 03:15 PM   #7
Brandon
User

Hi John H,
There is a reference on of Pg. 138 "Luger The Multi-National Pistol" By: Charles Kenyon, on these Lithuanian Lugers.

It is only a small shread of information but, maybe it will help in some way...

Best Regards, Brandon

P.S. If you don't have "Luger The Mult-National Pistol" I can post what is said so you can read it...
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote