LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Artillery Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Lithuanian Luger? (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=5638)

John H 01-02-2003 12:22 PM

Lithuanian Luger?

On the gunbroker auction site is listed a "Extremely hard to find Lithuanian Contract, 1940, 7.65 Cal, Serial 32xxr, All Matching + both magazines match. Franklenschoss Suhl on Right Receiver. See Costanzo Page 313, 182 Independent Nitro Proofed (1940 era), 98% Blue, 15% Straw. Very Hard to come by." I'm curious I can't find anything in Kenyon or my other books about this. Is there such a Luger?

Navy 01-02-2003 12:38 PM

Yep, Lithuanian lugers are real; there just weren't many around. Some were supplied new, others were reworks of W.W.I era pieces. Re-work contractors, IIRC, were Lunenschloss and Vono (Tom A.

John Sabato 01-02-2003 12:48 PM

Welcome to the Lugerforum John H. I see you are a first time poster.

Take your time and browse around the site. Much good information here about the Luger pistol...both on file and in the experience of our 800+ members worldwide...

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Doubs 01-02-2003 05:43 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Tom A:
<strong>Yep, Lithuanian lugers are real; there just weren't many around. Some were supplied new, others were reworks of W.W.I era pieces. Re-work contractors, IIRC, were Lunenschloss and Vono (Am at contractor site away from reference materials)
Tom A.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Tom, do you know of any references for the re-worked Lugers reportedly sold by contract to Lithuania? None of my books mention them at all. Jan Still posted that Frankenschloss (Franken & Lunenschloss of Suhl) sold re-worked Lugers to Lithuania but no reference for his information. I have a Frankenschloss rework of the post-1939 period (E/N & E/J proofs) but it's obviously not a Lithuanian contract pistol. It's a .30 caliber based on a 1906 Navy, 1st Issue, Altered. I've posted pictures of the markings on this forum not more than 10 days ago.

Navy 01-02-2003 08:45 PM

Hi Doubs,

Hey Georgia Boy, I wish I could help and do some digging but am on assignment and don't have time to do research. I can't remember where I read about the Lith contracts...maybe someone on the forum will decide to do the research and become the expert...and a new forum subdirectory is born!

Tom A.

John H 01-03-2003 10:12 AM

Hi Doubs

I was intrigued by that Lithuanian Luger(and still am), but I could find no References in my Kenyon or Walter books, I don't have any of Jan Stills books but there's a gun show this weekend and I'll check books while there, a seller at the show usually has one or two of Stills books.

John H

Brandon 01-03-2003 03:15 PM

Hi John H,
There is a reference on of Pg. 138 "Luger The Multi-National Pistol" By: Charles Kenyon, on these Lithuanian Lugers.

It is only a small shread of information but, maybe it will help in some way...

Best Regards, Brandon

P.S. If you don't have "Luger The Mult-National Pistol" I can post what is said so you can read it...