LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-03-2002, 12:29 AM   #1
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Whose Web-Site Is This...?

Does anyone know whose web-site this is ?

Someone sure has a bunch of really nice lugers...

http://site27663.dellhost.com/Wehrma.../hobnails.html

Unread 04-03-2002, 01:50 AM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: Whose Web-Site Is This...?

WOW-----that's.....well.....well.....that's..........

not fair!! Thor

Unread 04-03-2002, 11:21 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default This excellent Luger photo collection is part the 352nd Infanterie Div

so, the thought of wanting to be in a nazi reenactment group really turns my stomach. after reading it, i had to go give my hands a good washing from where i was earlier holding my 1938 s/42. it's quite disgusting what human beings can do to another human being at times.

Unread 04-03-2002, 02:44 PM   #6
66mustang

Default This is an issue that

is hard to comprehend. I had a "discussion" with my wife on the Heinkle in Arizona, because it flies the swastika. She feels that it is wrong to display it because it gives legitimacy to the Nazi's. I feel it is part of history (although I'm a firm believer that glorifying is bad).

So, it is a hard and difficult issue for some collectors and I don't want to start anything, but lots of feelings run in something like this. I saw the movie, Capt Corelies (sp) Mandolin and it portrayed the Italians in a different light, was very interesting to watch, plus showed some bad Nazis and a good hearted one.

Much like life, you follow orders or be shot, you follow orders and be vilified later (if you lose), if you win, you are the good guys.

Not an easy subject.

ed

Unread 04-03-2002, 02:55 PM   #7
R. Grady/Roadkill

Default Re: This is an issue that

The name of the book is "The Forgotten Soldier", author is Leon Sajer, its about a 18 yr old drafted into the German Army and sent to the Russian Front in 42,he was fron the Alsace Lorraine region, father was French, mother German, couldn't speak German initially, ended up in the Deutschland Waffen SS unit, after the war he returned to France and had to treat the war experiences as a hidden epoch of his life. Perspective is a big word but you can't use it as a substitute for whitewash.

Roadkill

Unread 04-03-2002, 07:18 PM   #8
Tracy

Lets not get this idea started again the last time it got really nasty.

This site is for enjoying Lugers and not for espousing ideology. The Luger is an inanimate object incapable of thinking so lets not get back into the pitfall of blaming it for what happened.

Unread 04-03-2002, 07:53 PM   #9
66mustang

Default Sorry, I was thinking more philosophical, than political

Unread 04-03-2002, 10:14 PM   #10
tom collins

i agree it is a luger site. the book and the picture of the reenactors hit a nerve.

by the way, the german soldiers did have an option . that's part of the myth. the could refuse and all they got was some verbal abuse. orders from high up forbide any punishment .

Unread 04-03-2002, 10:22 PM   #11
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default I Just Liked the Pretty Luger Photos... (EOM)

Unread 04-04-2002, 11:22 AM   #12
schwob
RIP

Thanks Tracy=>!! EOM

Unread 04-04-2002, 07:58 PM   #13
bobregers

Default History or Glorified Villainy???

An inanimate object such as a kubelwagen, pistol of fin of a luftwaffe airplane should in my opinion be left as is to tell a story the truth. Reenactors parading around like valiant young soldiers of the reich borders on glorification of those we defeated in the name of decency and humanity. Maybe next in the name of fun we can create clandestine klan gatherings and the subsequent lynchings, torture, brutality, and abject inhumanity akin to that omitted by our soldiers of the fatherland. Lets be honest.. I used to tell my wife that my guns had no more attraction to me than my bowling ball. I appreciate the power, history, and the primal feel of discharging projectiles over several hundred feet persecond as well as their aesthetic beauty. Owning a stoeger luger like me is having a replication of an implement albeit an iniquitous one. But dressing up in full garb and playing nazi soldier is repugnant to the core.

Unread 04-05-2002, 12:27 AM   #14
Tracy

Default Re: History or Glorified Villainy???

Hope everybody leaves it there we are going to get nasty again. Seems like this type of thread shows up every couple of months. Guess we as a Forum are doomed to repeat ourselves just as History does. Takes all the fun out of reading the forum and trying to learn about the lugers. However, one of the great things about our country is that we do have Freedom of Speech.

Unread 04-05-2002, 12:28 PM   #15
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default In the interests of decorum, I hereby second Tracy's motion...

This thread is closed