LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 04-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #21
snipershot1944
User

Come on down to Virginia. We are pretty gun friendly at this point in time.
snipershot1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
Wilhelm
User

You, my friend, are the victim of crooked cops. As Ron said, your pistol was stolen...it's that simple.
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #23
Zorba
User

That TOTALLY sucks...
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

Make sure to file a stolen firearm report, detailing all the circumstances.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
Terry Tiell
User

If they don't find it by the time they have to return them all I am telling them that I am going straight to the state police to report it stolen and I am taking the receipt given to me by the police who raided my house and I will be naming the lead detective as the #1 suspect followed by all the other officers that were there.

Believe me guys this ain't over, no fat lady has sung and I am one STUBBORN son of a bitch when someone screws me over!
Unread 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #26
Curly1
User

Keep on it like a dog with a bone bro.

Gary
Curly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #27
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I might suggest that you make a few copies of that receipt and keep the ORIGINAL one safely locked up in a safe. There is only one, and without it, it is your word against theirs. Better safe than sorry.....Just a thought.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to rhuff for your post:
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #28
gmlehmann
User

Rhuff makes an excellent point.

Years ago when my wife was pregnant with our second child the public school system which she worked for tried to tell her she can’t work because she couldn’t do her job 100% due to a doctor ordered lifting restriction. I told them that is discrimination and they said it was school policy. I asked them to show me where this policy was written and they told me it wasn’t actually a written policy; I responded by telling them that their policy was then not worth the paper it’s written on and that if they continued to try to enforce it I would seek litigation against them.

Shortly after they said she could return to work but only if we produced a note from my wife’s doctor stating her restrictions and turn it in by a specific date. On that date I hand delivered the doctors note and the person said they would see that the appropriate person would get it. Before she could walk away I asked her to stamp it “Received” and make me a copy; to which I got quite the stink eye, but I wasn’t going to take the chance of them saying they never received it.

Sorry for the long story, but just trying to point out the unfortunate necessity to cross your T’s and dot your I’s; always better to be safe, cover your butt and leave nothing to chance.
gmlehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to gmlehmann for your post:
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #29
Terry Tiell
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
I might suggest that you make a few copies of that receipt and keep the ORIGINAL one safely locked up in a safe. There is only one, and without it, it is your word against theirs. Better safe than sorry.....Just a thought.
My lawyer has the original and he seems to be enjoying making the police squirm so I know its safe. But good call.
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #30
Curly1
User

Lawyers can lose stuff also.

Gary
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #31
zombeer
User

Imagine if it showed up for sale on this site...
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #32
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,323 Posts

Here's another example of wishy-washy police behavior.

Years ago, my son's BMX bike was stolen from the carrier on his mom's car, while she was shopping inside a place. As these things tend to happen, a kid who went to the same middle school rode it one day and parked it in the bike rack. OK, now the bike is found..but it's "evidence", right? This means it has to be picked up by a Sheriff's deputy (the city school is actually outside the city limits), transferred to the city police, where we were told it could be picked up later. We watched the deputy put the bike, intact, into his trunk.

When we went to retrieve it, we were taken to a back hall of the station where the bike was leaned up against the wall; but the saddle was missing. We all looked for the seat in a mountain of bikes in a storage garage across the street, to no avail. The sergeant, however, stood right there and watched as I proceeded to act upon my statement, "There's a seat on this bike that looks about like it.", by twisting the bike's seat off the post before returning to the station to load up our bike.

Nowhere near the magnitude of your experience, Terry, but still indicative that LEOs anywhere can have jerks/thieves among their ranks. Either a sheriff's deputy or city officer had purloined the original seat, and another city cop, a sergeant, was complicit in our rough justice. TWO bad showings for the price of one... I actually still feel kinda bad about snitching the other seat, don't think I'd repeat it
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #33
Schutzenbob
User

I didn’t go into detail about my burglary, but shortly thereafter I figured out who had cleaned out my house, and what he had done with my furnishings, including guns. I located some of my belongings in a local antique mall and lucked into more information as to who had my guns. The various police forces fought me (and ignored me) the whole way. In spite of the police, I did get most of my guns back as well as a few other items. Some of my recovered property was taken into an evidence room where it later disappeared. I later found that much of my property went to the Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market. The thief moved to Great Falls, Montana and as far as I know he still lives there.
Schutzenbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #34
Terry Tiell
User

Well we went to court again Friday and the judge said because the Luger hadn't been registered there is no proof it is my gun therefor they DON'T HAVE TO GIVE IT BACK! Better yet he said since my dads old .38 and 1891 Mauser also aren't registered they don't have to give them back either that the only gun we can have back is my wifes new 1911 as it is legally registered to her.

My lawyer said its not over yet as he'll be filing papers today with the state again. I told him why the other judge ordered it returned butt his one said tough crap and he said thats just the MD legal system. This is CRAZY! At least my wife gets her .45 back. As for my dads .38 and 30.06 they will be able to be gotten back because all we have to do is bring in his death certificate and will because they are still registered to him and his will gives them to my mom who lives with us. So at this point only the Luger is in question but it seems they "found" it at least. Seems it was "just logged in incorrectly". I HATE this state this has been absolutly crazy.
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #35
Neil Young
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I suspect that it wasn't logged incorrectly. You have just made enough stink about it, they made the thieving cop bring it back.
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #36
Terry Tiell
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Young View Post
I suspect that it wasn't logged incorrectly. You have just made enough stink about it, they made the thieving cop bring it back.
Yeah thats kinda what I was thinking too.
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #37
Curly1
User

Good news at least it looks like you are moving forward.

Gary