LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 11-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
Denny347
User

Default Picked up my DWM Rusian Capture. Few ?

I finally picked my first Luger up from lay-a-way. It is a DWM with no chamber date. Any idea on mfg. date? It doesnt look as if there ever was a date there. Sn is 7961m and is 95% matching. It has a large X above the serial number on the slide (Russian Capture I believe). It has been re-blued (again Russians). It looks as if the Russians also scrubbed something off the front strap of the grip before they re-dipped it. It does not look like bubba got to it. I did find an import marking, it was in a very unusual place...etched on the underside of the slide rail. It is marked RTB-Corp Miami FL. IT has 2 matching mags. Each is marked 2/1001 on the side and have aluminum base plates. The base plates are numbered 1 and 2. There are no proof marks on the right side of the slide/frame. Only thing on the barrel is the Crown/N 7961m on the underside. The grips are wooden but not original...the say "Made in Italy". What would be appropriate grips? IT does have the hole where a sear safety once was. It's a nice shooter. Its really overcast here so I didn't have good lighting for some of these pic.

Denny347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
Denny347
User

Denny347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

The C/N proofing on the barrel and left receiver are commerical proofing from the Weimar era. Appearantly pressed into Police service where the sear safety was added around 1933. Finally, refinished and 2 matching mags added by the DDR post WW2. I doubt that this luger ever made it to the USSR. TH