LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 06-28-2005, 08:30 PM   #1
Roadkill
User

Default I think I'll contribute to this

For Release Monday, June 27 to New Hampshire media
For Release Tuesday, June 28 to all other media

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

Justice Souter's vote in the "Kelo vs. City of New London" decision allows city governments to take land from one private owner and give it to another if the government will generate greater tax revenue or other economic benefits when the land is developed by the new owner.

On Monday June 27, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a request to Chip Meany the code enforcement officer of the Towne of Weare, New Hampshire seeking to start the application process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road. This is the present location of Mr. Souter's home.

Clements, CEO of Freestar Media, LLC, points out that the City of Weare will certainly gain greater tax revenue and economic benefits with a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road than allowing Mr. Souter to own the land.

The proposed development, called "The Lost Liberty Hotel" will feature the "Just Desserts Caf�©" and include a museum, open to the public, featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America. Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged."

Clements indicated that the hotel must be built on this particular piece of land because it is a unique site being the home of someone largely responsible for destroying property rights for all Americans.

"This is not a prank" said Clements, "The Towne of Weare has five people on the Board of Selectmen. If three of them vote to use the power of eminent domain to take this land from Mr. Souter we can begin our hotel development."

Clements' plan is to raise investment capital from wealthy pro-liberty investors and draw up architectural plans. These plans would then be used to raise investment capital for the project. Clements hopes that regular customers of the hotel might include supporters of the Institute For Justice and participants in the Free State Project among others.

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts

RK, this is how I felt too, it seems like a travisty of justice to me? Taking away my land because economically they can get more tax dollars from it. What a crock of, uh, butter....
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #3
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It is what a majority can do.
Unread 06-29-2005, 01:41 AM   #4
G.W. Gill
User

I am flustered, no, I'm mad, at the Courts ruling. What local official is going to turn down money that will increase his budget or his influence ?. Such is government. Think.. I hesitate.
G.W. Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I would be very happy to book a stay in this hotel !

(Please take special note of my signature quote if you havent' read it in a while)... this court decision is crazy, and I hope this guy manages to acquire Souter's land...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 10:03 AM   #6
tudorbug
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Where do I donate to help this hotel along?

David
tudorbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2005, 11:26 PM   #7
Jack Lawman
User

Quote:
Originally posted by lew1
It is what a majority can do.
From the Free Republic website:
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for dinner and finding a well-informed, well-armed sheep." - Benjamin Franklin

Jack
Unread 07-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #8
G.W. Gill
User

John, as to your quote, was the word " happiness" the replacement for the struck out "property" on the original draft?. If my memory serves me right it was. I hesitate to think what is going to come next. Secret sneaking like the Watergate burglars is legal ( Patriot Act ). Now they can take anything from you. Anything! I can't pick a smily face. I wan't a snake with the " Don't Tread on Me"! OOPS!, I just remembered who you work for. I think I will go hide. I have a BIL that works along the same line. He will vouch for me. I am just a stay at home Dad that thinks to much. I change diapers. No time for fighting for anything. And I can't afford to be held incommunicado for years. I would miss my daughters first words let alone my lawyers face. I might have gone to far with this. I and I think. John , this is not intended to be an affront to you. I respect you immensely I just wanted to mouth off. Did I blog? First two rounds in that hotel bar is on me.
Unread 07-01-2005, 10:07 AM   #9
Roadkill
User

G.W., what is terrifying to me is the thought of having kids in diapers again. That would be a serious problem.

rk
Unread 07-01-2005, 11:28 PM   #10
G.W. Gill
User

Roadkill, I was more concerned this morning about the response to my more than tipsy rambling, than the frequency of diapers. I could have directed and worded it better. Thanks for not blowing me out of the water. I am an avid reader of this forum and admire the language skills of other members. I might take a class at the local community college as I would like my kids to be able to have fun with words and communication skills. I wonder how they would like an old Redlight District Fireman in thier creative writing class.
Unread 07-02-2005, 07:34 AM   #11
Roadkill
User

GW, who am I to blow anyone out of the water? I can't even keep my dog penned up, she got knocked up, and I had to get a former student who is going to Vet school at Auburn to fix her last week. It cost me a day on the range with my AK/FAL and AR. Reference the writing class, I started back to school last year, most is online but I did have to take an education course at the schoolhouse. After my first night I came home, wife asked how it went, I said fine but it looked like I was the oldest one there. Her reply was "what did you expect? " My point is if you want to go then do it. After the first week or two I had to get the professor ( hell, I was ten years older than him) outside and tell him my participation in the class would be extremely limited in the future, the kids were not thinking /participating/getting involved and I was doing too much. You want to go to school, then do it. Believe me, they want your money. As far as the other kids/students/ instructors, who cares anyway? It will surprise you how many nontraditional students are attending school. Go do it.

rk