LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 01-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
Doug G.
User

Default Laser grips for the P.08

I just installed a set of Crimson Trace laser grips on my Beretta 92. All I can say is that they are the neatest thing I've had in a long time. How many would be interested in getting a set for their Luger if they made them? If there is enough demand they may make them?mailto:customer@crimsontrace.com
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Pete Ebbink
User

Link : http://www.crimsontrace.com/
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
tacfoley

Last edited by tacfoley; 01-22-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Unread 01-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
Doug G.
User

Ok, YOU don't like the idea. But please give a reason why.
Unread 01-22-2005, 09:34 AM   #5
tacfoley

Last edited by tacfoley; 01-22-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Unread 01-22-2005, 11:52 AM   #6
wterrell
User

Doug,

I hope that you do not mind that I will express an opinion concerning the use of laser on a home defense pistol. If my comments are unwelcome, please ignore.

The laser is marvelous for being able to put a handgun on target very quickly without being required to bring the pistol up to eye level and aiming. Most situations in the home which would require lethal defense with a handgun occur at night. The room or house is in darkness and turning on lights would put the homeowner in a very dangerous situation with an armed intruder. The laser does not give off lumins that would help to locate and identify the intruder. I feel that using a laser alone creates a much more dangerous situation at home in the night which may cause the death of your wife or child due to not being able to clearly identify an "intruder".

However, the use of laser in combination with a tactical flashlight attached to a Weaver mount on the pistol increases the safe use of the laser. The added brightness is very much worth the additional cost. You want to be able to plainly see what you are about to kill and if the victim is dangerous, you want to reduce his ability to see you as much as possible by blinding with the light. You will also be able to determine that he is not your wife or daughter.

Just adding a laser to a Luger makes it a highly dangerous weapon to the loved ones in your house.
wterrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #7
Doug G.
User

Wes, who said anything about using your Luger as a home defense weapon? I bought the set for my Beretta for fun when I shoot. I was thinking that if they were made for the Luger it would help those of us who can't see the sights so well. I have 20/20 vision and still have focus problems with P08 sights.
Unread 01-22-2005, 02:04 PM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Gentlemen, we all have different opinions This damn smilie says grrrrr heh, heh

So, to have other opinions is fine, I read the entire post before Tac from the other side of the water rewrote it. Other opnions are okay, if they pissed me off, I'd delete them myself...

Obviously at one time, Tac liked more than one thing, or he wouldn't have had so many dang guns....

Ed

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2005, 09:07 AM   #9
Ron Smith
User

Doug,
What the hell is a "Lupin"?
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #10
Doug G.
User

Ron, this is a Lupin. I guess that you never watched Monty Python and the tale of Dennis Moore?

http://www.geocities.com/fang_club/dennis_moore.html
Unread 01-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #11
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,929 Times in 1,194 Posts

Hi,

There was a bit of a laser-frenzy on local ranges over here, until everybody noticed that using the laser didn't actually improve their skills, but rather bluntly showed their lack of it

A device that I have used a number of times is a laser sighting tool. This device neatly pops in to the chamber (formed in 9mm para shape) and shows a nice laser dot when the toggle is closed. Of course, this thing is safe as it only helps as a measuring device, not as a sighting tool when shooting. (the Red-I laser).

It helps me to find any problems with sight adjustment and the lack of quality of my eye-sight.

I found my 1913 Dutch had a sight alignment problem towards the side and that my 1937 S/42 sight was pointing a bit lower than I expected.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug G.
Ron, this is a Lupin. I guess that you never watched Monty Python and the tale of Dennis Moore?

Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, traveling through the night....
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:17 AM   #13
G.W. Gill
User

Years ago I had a laser site and found it took the skill/fun out of shooting. As I worked in a drug infested area I brought it to work. From the roof of the firestation we could shine it on the Dealers. It was so much fun. Lasers were new and had just appeared in the movies. They " Freaked Out". It was so much fun. I sold it right away for what I had in it. It was the size of two pack of cigs. I would not wan't to have the DOT on me!! I really can't tell you how funny it was. They were wearing hood ornamants on chains around the neck and also small clocks ( like giant pocket watches). And to see them react was good comedy. We only did it for a few shifts, but it was so much fun! Then crack came along and these guys disappeared and the world changed.
G.W. Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2005, 05:28 AM   #14
Heinz
User

I feel deprived of Tac's insight. His expertise in the practical use of handguns is well recognized.

I also think Wes was extremely perceptive in his comments.

We are dealing with a difference of opinion in "shooters" versus "hangers."
Doug, you might be interested in checking out Mauro Bandino's photos of Herbert Werle's modernized Luger's in Mauro's book on the artillery Luger.

When you ask a question on the forum do not be too touchy about getting an honest answer. One you get from Tac or Wes on defense use is valuable information.
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #15
Doug G.
User

Heinz, I've been around the forum for many years now. Since before the current ownership took over. Didn't think I was "touchy" just did not feel that the question was being answered. Maybe I didn't phrase it right. I just wanted to know if others were interested in Crimson Trace making grips for the Luger. I did not ask this from a "tactical" or "practical" viewpoint. Was just asking if you would like to see them made?
Unread 01-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #16
Ron Smith
User

Doug,

I love Monty Python, but I guess I missed that one. I knew of the flower 'Mountain Lupin". It grows allover the High Cascades. I thought there was some other definition. I will look for the video at Block Buster.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2005, 08:54 PM   #17
Heinz
User

Doug, my apologies, it must be your new eye mask:-)

I don't like laser sites but it is an anachronistic bias on my part. One of my defense guns is a single action 45 long colt Uberti relicaa of the Remington. So you can see laser sights just would not look right on it.
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote