LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 02-01-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
scarecrow1
New User

Question Need help to identify this luger

Have checked in three different resource books and I still cannot identify this Luger. I have examined it closely and except for serial and part numbers there are absolutely no markings or proof marks on it.

4-digit serial number in the 8000ΓΆ??s on side of chamber, front of gun and bottom of barrel. (All match)

2-digit number on top and back of toggle (matches last two digits of serial number)

1 digit number on trigger, mag release and take down lever (matches last digit of serial number)

#71 on bottom of take down lever (does not match last two digits of serial number)

#83 on side plate under take down lever. (Does not match last two digits of serial number.

Has four inch barrel, new type toggle, fixed sights, no stock lug, thumb safety only that is not marked and safe in the down position, checkered walnut grips, aluminum mag with wood base (not numbered). Take down lever, trigger, safety and mag release are silver colored.

Finish is very deep blue inside and out and suspect that it was reblued as the finish is just too good to be original.

I inherited this gun and I know positively that it owned by my uncle prior to 1960.

Thank you in advance for time and help.
scarecrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
drbuster
User

Sounds like a parts gun. What, if anything, is stamped on the toggle top and the chamber? If the toggle top is blank, it could be a post war Krieghoff. We obviously need more information. Pictures always help greatly.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote