LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 12-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
John -Melb
User

Post Some good news - at last

Whilst not particularly relevant to Lugers, I gotta tel you folks this, Hell, I'm telling everyone!

I've often commented how the anti-gunners and their mates MUST be opposed at every opportunity if free people are to retain the lawful possession of firearms. I've some good news on this front which I must let everyone know.

Down here in the cabbage patch state, one of the main opponents of hunting (and therefore the recreational use of firearms) is the RSPCA. They have conducted a long running and well financed campaign to end recreational duck hunting in Victoria.

Duck seasons and bags here in Victoria are regulated by the Fauna and Flora Division of the Department of Sustainabiliity and Environment. The head of this Division is Dr Robert Begg.

Dr Robert Begg was also on the executive committee of the RSPCA! Go figure!

Following complaints to the State Government by the Combined Firearms Council - Victoria regarding a conflict of interest, it has been announced that Dr Begg has resigned his position on the RSPCA. Another gun-grabber bites the dust!

Well done CFCV- another scalp on the lodgepole!
John -Melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #2
Ron Smith
User

John, When you've got them on the run, keep up the chase.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2004, 10:29 PM   #3
wterrell
User

It would have been a million times better if he had resigned the Fauna and Flora Division of the Department of Sustainabiliity and Environment. As it presently sits, he can still enforce his hidden agenda. You have acheived absolutely no improvement with the present situation.
wterrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #4
John -Melb
User

You are of course correct Wes, it would have been much better if we got this guy out of the DSE, however, he can no longer enforce his hidden agenda as the agenda is no longer hidden.

He has had to resign his position with the RSPCA to avoid conflict of interest allegations, in publicly doing so he has open displayed his involvement in the "anti" cause.

Any action now taken by DSE against recreational duck shooting can easily be attacked as more of the "Begg Bandwagon". Begg now has to bend over backwards to prove himself the impartial bureacrat or face further allegations under the Victorian Governments "Code of Conduct for the Victorian Public Sector"
Unread 12-02-2004, 06:59 AM   #5
John -Melb
User

Wes (and Ron)
Just got a message from CFCV re. this clown and it raises something I never thought of. Politicians are of course accountable at the ballot box, less accountable are bureacrats who are often the start of much of our troubles.

The CFCV has just sent a clear message to every bureacrat in Victoria, you are not untouchable, we can and will target you if you pose a threat to us.
Unread 12-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #6
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

John, We were able to dispose of a few of our "blue state" (antigun) legislator in our recent election too. I recently read that yours have banned possession of any pistol over 38 Calibre. So I guess that your Lugers are still PC. When they ban these, I hope that you and your friends will ship them to the USA. TH