LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 06-14-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

Thumbs up Trigger Pull Improvement!!!

I recently ordered a new recoil spring from Wolff, which includes a new striker spring as well. Thor replaced the recoil spring for me, while I replaced the striker spring. Thor had commented on how strong the recoil spring is, even though it was suppose to be the standard spring. The striker spring is equally stronger than the one I removed!!! One side benefit of the striker spring, was a noticeable improvement in trigger pull!!! I had never read, or heard of that benefit before. Had I have known I would have done this years ago. The recoil spring definitely stiffened up the toggle cocking operation. Now to take it out to the range!!!
Unread 06-15-2004, 03:25 AM   #2
Sieger
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Johnny C. Kitchens:
<strong>I recently ordered a new recoil spring from Wolff, which includes a new striker spring as well. Thor replaced the recoil spring for me, while I replaced the striker spring. Thor had commented on how strong the recoil spring is, even though it was suppose to be the standard spring. The striker spring is equally stronger than the one I removed!!! One side benefit of the striker spring, was a noticeable improvement in trigger pull!!! I had never read, or heard of that benefit before. Had I have known I would have done this years ago. The recoil spring definitely stiffened up the toggle cocking operation. Now to take it out to the range!!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Hi:

Watch that striker spring. In my 1920's 7.65, I had an interesting experience when I installed a stronger spring. The pistol would fire when the toggle was worked, sometimes.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Sounds like you had inadequate striker engagement Sieger...

An increase in the strength of the striker spring should not pose a safety hazard if the engagement between the striker and the sear are within original specifications. Perhaps some previous owner had stoned the sear to reduce engagement to improve the trigger pull before you installed the new spring...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #4
Sieger
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by John Sabato:
<strong>Sounds like you had inadequate striker engagement Sieger...

An increase in the strength of the striker spring should not pose a safety hazard if the engagement between the striker and the sear are within original specifications. Perhaps some previous owner had stoned the sear to reduce engagement to improve the trigger pull before you installed the new spring...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">John:

Perhaps, as the sear engagement is not as "wide" as that on my military Lugers.

If it were stoned down, and not in original spec., the parts certainly "look" original.

I guess that would be an interesting question. Are the commercial triggers set up to the same specs. as the military ones?

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote