LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-15-2001, 05:02 PM   #1
Ted
User

Default Swiss Rework-A Glorious non Event

I am pleased to anounce that David B's Swiss was a rare Salesman's Piece. Ralph Shattuck has one like this on and he identified it as another one after I sent him pictures. He and David made a trade so Ralph could retain this collection piece and David would get a shooter with some of the exact features he was looking for. I am so glad this piece was preserved! I just couldnt bear seeing it go under the knife!! Thanks to both you guys, David and Ralph, for making this come out great for everybody! Ted

Unread 04-15-2001, 06:31 PM   #2
DAVID
User

Default Re: A Glorious Event Thanks

I want to express my appreciation to Ted and Tom on this situation as I truly do not collect lugers but do have a soft spot for nice ones. However, the Swiss did deserve to go to a collection. A trade was made with Mr. Shattock for a nice 1906 M2 Port. .30 cal 4 3/4 in. barrel with excellent bore. The Swiss was found a table at the Dothan, Alabama Gunshow (fairgrounds) along with a 1900 American Eagle.

Ted If you get a chance, I would appreciate a copy of the photo series you took on the Swiss for my records Thank again. David.

Unread 04-15-2001, 11:23 PM   #3
BILL
User

Again, the Lugerforum proves it's value to the preservation and collection of Lugers. Good job.

Unread 04-16-2001, 05:35 AM   #4
Marvin
User

David,

This was a very nice thing that you have done to preserve this Luger for the future. You have contributed unknown wealth to a long gone art of handgun manufacture. This pistol will now be able to be enjoyed by many future Luger collectors. You are tops!

Marvin