LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 04-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #21
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdoublegunner View Post
When I was called, I was offered a Field Grade or Service Grade model and chose the Field Grade as my dream would have been an M1911 model from WW1. Over the past several months I have been collecting the WW1 pistol belt, two tone magazine, canteen with cup and carrier, first aid kit and a unit marked holster. In the end I got a nice WW2 M1911A1 model which is just fine. I still feel as if I won the lottery.

Foxdoublegunner
I actually was going to accept a field grade if offered, but when they called, I was only offered a service grade (they had 'graded' them and then packed again or placed on racks). So people right after me was offered a field grade.

However, although I carried a handful of guns, one of my first, or at least one I have proof of is a Remington Rand at Ft Polk, LA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weapons Card ft polk 1911.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	76498  

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2019, 10:23 PM   #22
Douglas Jr.
User

My uncle was a MP (here in Brazil called "Polícia do Exército" which means "Army Police" or P.E.). He served between 1961 and 1968. He left the Army but the Army never left his heart and he still attends veterans meetings.

Back in the 60s, besides the famous 1937 Colt Govermental Brazilian Contract, there were several 1911A1s sent down here because of the military assistance agreement. My fater, who served in 1965-66 carried an Ithaca as a driver. My uncle used to carry a Colt-made 1911A1 and he prodly recollects that the last three digits of is serial numbers was "007" which was a BIG DEAL back then.

I thought you guys would like to see this picture. He is at the front row at far left.

Ed, if you think I hijacked your topic, feel free to split it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PE - Cabos e soldados engajados (1) v.2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	76499  

Douglas Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to Douglas Jr. for your post:
Unread 04-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #23
foxdoublegunner
User

Ed,
Your post reminded me that I needed to dig out one of my old weapons card and track down the pistol manufacturer. I found the last card that I had for an M1911A1 and learned that it was a RR from the middle of 1945-Serial number 2384041 issued to me in 1985. I had the card stashed away with a bunch of old papers. Over the years I have wonderd why I kept it and now I know!
foxdoublegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to foxdoublegunner for your post: