LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 04-23-2004, 05:10 PM   #21
RockinWR
User

Frank & ToggleTop,
* Magnifico!!!
* I'm still shy a couple; so, my quest goes on...as if I needed an excuse. Guess a few of my Banner's will have to fill the "holes" for now.

Frank,
* Fasinating to see the byf'42 P.38's "dusty blue", next to the byf'43 all blue, next to the byf'44 dual tone. After the deep salt blue of the P.08 byf '42's, have you any thoughts on why Mauser came up with this "dusty" blue on their P.38 byf'42's?? Chemicals, different polishing wheels, metallurgy, oxidation of steel b/4 blue??

TT,
* Love that display stand & the mag storage slots underneath are a great touch. Good plan & great execution.

* You both have collection examples worthy of supreme praise. Congratulations!! And...I'd like one of those and one of those and one of these and that would fit too and one of....oh well!
* Thanks for sharing.
Respectfully,
Bob
RockinWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 07:41 PM   #22
Navy
RIP

Awesome display; especially like the banner woodwork. very tastefully done and a enviable collection. You done us all proud!

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #23
ToggleTop
User

Hello Everyone,

First I want to apologize if I hoarded in on Frank's post in anyway. It was not my intention. But when I saw Frank's excellent collection and display stands, and I know how much effort he put into acquiring the variations, I just could not resist to show more Mausers. I know there are those among us that consider these to be reproductions and I can accept that due to the fact I am a Mauser fan. I also like the other manufacturers pistols as well. But they tend to be a little dusty looking!
I want to thank everyone for their complimentary comments and to let you know anything in the pictures made out of wood except the walls was made by me. I just think wood and lugers go together!
ToggleTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #24
minigun
User

You all have one of the nicest collections that I've seen. I love "same period" type collections like this.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 10:36 PM   #25
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Hey TT, not a problem with me!!! I just wish MauserLugers (Wild Bill) would post his group. I know he has all these and more nice, really nice ones. All others are also welcome to horn in!! I just love looking at them!!
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote