LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 02-05-2003, 09:16 AM   #21
Strider
User

Edward, I tip my hat to you. What you said is so true. Today I learned something new about mag safeties. It is amazing what we can learn from friends without worrying if our questions are dumb or not. Thanks to you and Ron for clearing this up for me also.
Sid.

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.
~German Proverb

If it is made before 1930 ..........It is a prototype.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #22
Thor
User

Aaron, dont think any more of this! We are all friends here! Nice Luger by the way!
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 12:34 PM   #23
Aaron
Banned

Heartfelt thanks to you all for the gentle pats on the head. I don't feel so foolish now.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 12:36 AM   #24
jamese
User

Let me add my 2 cents worth....... as a new member I have learned more in the past few months about lugers because of "stupid" questions, than I have gained for years reading about lugers.

hats off to everyone and thanks,

I only hope some day I can add a little something that someone had a question about
Unread 02-09-2003, 04:06 AM   #25
saxman
User

I second that!
Unread 02-09-2003, 04:08 AM   #26
saxman
User

I was thinking Erfurt pistols had the inspector's mark on the sideplate. Is that not a general rule?
Unread 02-09-2003, 06:44 AM   #27
policeluger
RIP

Yes Saxman, I just opened this thread up and saw the pictures for the first time, this sideplate should have a Erfurt proof mark. It could possible be that a new sideplate was added at time of rework, but I would be a bit concerned over it. While a lot of thing are possible with a Wiemar period rework, not all things that are encountered outside of recorded, written and researched normals are period correct. I enjoy Wiemar police because of its diversity, but diversity is not an excuse too except all things as correct. I have several Erfurt/Wiemar police and all have proofed sideplates....perhaps someone can put somemore light on this....thanks
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 03:23 PM   #28
Aaron
Banned

Don't know why the Erfurt proof didn't show in the original pic, but here's a closeup of the sideplate showing a very nicely stamped proof. All parts of the pistol are Erfurt proofed, including the grip screws. It's remarkable that during the rework process they didn't see any need to replace anything except the grips and the barrel. I infer from this that they must have begun the process with a fairly minty pistol.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2003, 02:49 AM   #29
pisto
User

Hello,
new in the Forum, first I will introduce me:
I�´m collecting several years now and did read this chapter becoming more and more interested because my Luger opens the same questions!!
I have no mag safety but a sear safty "Schiwi-Sicherung", but in the frame is a hole under the sideplate, which I suppose it was preared for a mag. safety.
My Luger is marked "L.A.96" which I could figure out as "Landj�¤gerei Aurich" a Plice unit in the north of Germany.
There is a Schmeisser mag numbered with .96 which is the Number of the gun in the unit and not as expected with the last 2 digits of the gun which are 92.
Why did they use so late magazines when thy where prepared for Police in the year 37?
As I did recognize in Aarons and Edwards lugers the sears are alternated like mine, from the old model to the sear type developed in the year 1916.
Bluing - mine is reblued of course, because the frame inside is blue too, in the spot of the take down lever, the magazine hole, the drigger ancle...but I think that should me made from the Police armorers in the 30ies. Who can tell me more about it???
the barrel is as expected a replacement barrel with an old style eagele in the earea of the gun number under the barrel. It has no metric digits like 8,82 for example.
The grips are replacement grips too.

Regards
Roland

pisto is offline   Reply With Quote