LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 05-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
TheRomanhistorian
User

Default Broomhandle trigger/hammer problem

Hello all,

I just picked up a 'Bolo' Broomhandle today and everything else seems to be fine on the pistol but when I pull the trigger (with the safety down and off) the hammer doesn't go forward. It's as if there's perhaps a worn part? When I manually move the sear arm the hammer will go forward. I wonder if the sear is worn?

I will sit there and press the trigger repeatedly but nothing seems to happen unless I push the hammer and even then it doesn't always go forward. Any thoughts or is this a gunsmith job? I'm not too fussed as it was only a $500 pistol and came with ammunition but the previous owner fired it yesterday before selling it to me. So it did work before it got to me and I tested it for function when I purchased it. I took it home and checked the internals and now it doesn't seem to function as it should (but I didn't take anything apart yet).

Michael

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2015, 11:13 PM   #2
TheRomanhistorian
User

I think I answered my own question. I think I need a new sear or the original sear needs to be built up as it doesn't quite engage the sear arm to lift it, when the trigger is pulled. Took me about half an hour of noodling though!

Michael

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote