LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 05-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #21
Olle
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by envino View Post
I ended up going with the Czech ebay seller: vit-zemanek, who's grips jussi posted the link to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-ARMY-...item35acd7f3bd

I read the thread sheepherder posted http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=32155 regarding the N.C. Ordinance grips. Among these postings, vit-zemanek grips were reviewed as being exceptional.

I'll keep you guys up to date with my impressions of vit's "black widow" grips once I receive them.

Thanks,

Jeff
You won't be disappointed. I have bought several types of grips from this seller, and the quality is way better than NC Ordnance, Vintage Gun Grips and other US companies. For example, the grips he makes for Radom and Sauer 38H are 100% spot on, the only way to tell that they are replicas is that they are slightly heavier. Here is one P.38 grip panel from vit-zemanek, and one from Posselt (the original supplier to Spreewerk). The eagle eyed P.38 collector might spot a small difference around the grip screw, but that's just about it. He is the absolutely best repro grip vendor on the market, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P-38 ac43 RC 049.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	41858  

Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to Olle for your post:
Unread 05-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #22
ChrisLL
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhugh View Post
I can attest to the above ebay ad placed by "vit-zemanek" as to the fit and looks as I did place photos of these grips on both a Swiss Bern and an Erfurt Artillery. Easy fit with only a small of filing on the inside lower part of the grips.
I also purchased some grips from Vit. I bought the dark brown as they are very similar in color to what was on my Luger. My Luger is a shooter and bluing well worn, so shiny new wooden grips (I think) would just look strange.

I expect Vit is correct in his statement about fitting, as you had very little fitting to do, while fitting to my Luger (Mauser) "considerable" fitting was required. The grips were too wide and too long, and needed a bit of trim inside as well. They fit ok now; I really need to do a bit of fine tuning, but they work well and they look very similar to the original wooden ones. I did not measure them but they seem a bit thicker than the originals. From what I have seen Vit's grips are better than most but your experience fitting may vary.
ChrisLL is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to ChrisLL for your post:
Unread 05-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #23
envino
User

Olle and Chris,

Thanks for your input regarding Vit's grips, I can't wait till they arrive.

Olle, I believe it was your post in another thread that helped convince me to pick up these grips.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Unread 06-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #24
stressed
User

You would have had much better grips then NC ordinance if you would have used the search function. Vit's grips from CZ are absolutely the best. The "bakelite" cast ebay ones from the other seller in the US are junk.

Search my posts to see various brand black widow grips affixated to my G date, including Vit's and NC Ordinance.
stressed is offline   Reply With Quote