LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 03-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #41
ChrisLL
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
Have you talked to GT concerning the problem that you have with the bbl. that is on the luger? The reason that I say that is that I had an aftermarket 5in bbl. on a 1939 receiver that a "bubba-smith" screwed up royally when he tried to headspace it for me. The chamber ridge was junk after he finished!! GT removed the bbl. and machined back the bbl. flange and shortened the chamber end of the bbl. and recut a new 9mm chamber in the bbl. It looks fantastic!! I hope to get it to the range soon, but have tried it with dummy rounds with great success.

GT is also you man if you want the bbl. changed out for another bbl. Just trying to give you some options to get your Luger up and running.
I think there are a number of qualified folks on here that could change a barrel. I personally only have experience with G.T. and that experience was a great one. Quick, reasonable, and great job.

Chris
ChrisLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #42
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I agree that there are likely other folks on this forum that can handle a barrel modification/change, but I only have experience with GT, and it was a very good experience.

I do have experience with Hugh concerning Luger grips, and have a very good experience there also.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #43
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default barrel change out

Hi Drewp2000, I have a very loyal and dedicated customer base on this forum and I certainly appreciate the kind words and trust in my ability. But, that having been said, I also have had a great respect, history and working relationship with Hugh as well... Either of us can do the job at hand for you, with most likely the same finished result... And there are others... most times the fees are fixed, and doesn't even cover the amount of work that is involved in a successful change out, but we do it because of our respect for this forum, and love of Lugers... ... the members of this forum are a great bunch of guys... you can't do any better then the bunch of craftsmen here, no matter who you decide to have help you!... Enjoy your Luger experience.. Best to you, til...lat'r....GT.....
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:55 AM   #44
Drewp2000
User

Barrel assembly and new barrel shipped out Saturday for swap.
Drewp2000 is offline   Reply With Quote