LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 10-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Ben Evans
User

Default 1915 Luger Opinions

Gents

This is for sale in the UK and I have asked for more pics. With ref to the holster does anyone know what this is from? Is it a commercial holster or some thing like that?

This is the description:

Deactivated (London Proof House Cert) 9mm Luger DWM Dated 1915 with original Holster & Accessories. 85% Original blue and 75% straw remaining. Luger factory manual copy with take down illustrations (German gothic Text).

Cheers

Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uk_collectibles.185.1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	36692  

Ben Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
1994Stoeger
User

Hi Ben - for those of us who live across the pond and are (for the time being, at least) allowed by our political overlords to own firearms that actually fire, what specific steps were taken by the Proof House to deactivate this luger? i.e., what parts have been removed, changed, sawn, drilled, welded, etc.?
1994Stoeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Ben, the holster appears to have a cleaning rod sleeve along side of the magazine pouch. This configuration is normally found on early private purchase holsters but does also show up on a very few military issue holsters. The closure strap seems to be a recent repair that can be corrected. Detailed photos would help.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Ben Evans
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994Stoeger View Post
Hi Ben - for those of us who live across the pond and are (for the time being, at least) allowed by our political overlords to own firearms that actually fire, what specific steps were taken by the Proof House to deactivate this luger? i.e., what parts have been removed, changed, sawn, drilled, welded, etc.?
Normally they pin the barrel at the breech end so a round cannot be inserted in and cut the bolt to an angle of 45 degrees. The new spec sub machine guns are just welded up, useless pieces of junk to be honest!
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Ben Evans
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
Ben, the holster appears to have a cleaning rod sleeve along side of the magazine pouch. This configuration is normally found on early private purchase holsters but does also show up on a very few military issue holsters. The closure strap seems to be a recent repair that can be corrected. Detailed photos would help.
Cheers George

I am still waiting for pics from the seller but thanks for the info