LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 12-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #21
player29
New User

Hi: Somewhere along the line I picked up a .22 Erma Conversion Unit, it's in the "Small" wooden box config., All serial #'s matching (#48XX). All parts are Waffen Amt marked, as is the wooden box. On the box, to the lt. of the catch button is stamped "ERMA", to the rt. of the button is stamped a Nazi Eagle along side of which appears to be "SS" runes. I have used the unit in a 1923 DWM 9mm, and it works perfectly, but a real pain having to remove the cartridge ejector. I was just wondering what this Unit might be worth since it is all "Matching", I notice that Simpson is asking over $1,200 for mismatched Units.....any opinions or coments would be appreciated.
player29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,325 Posts

Welcome to the forum Al,
My unit is post-war, green "Interarmco" box, and I paid about $350 for it. The earlier, Nazi-stamped units command a high price, from what I've seen in passing. One may wind up paying a few hundred more for a matching one from WWII.

I can see why these would have been used as trainers, aside from the economics of the ammo; they usually give lots of practice clearing jams and fiddling with the mag and action! If you found a combo that fits and functions, this is good. I'd have a tougher time selling one that worked.

Instead of removing the original extractor completely, I jacked it out enough to clear the conversion breech block's pathway and held it temporarily with a piece of soft plastic behind it.

I just bit the bullet and negotiated a spare mag for mine, for the convenience of reloading half as often.
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #23
player29
New User

Thanks for the quick response, will try the suggestion on the extractor......when I got the Conversion Unit, The seller also talked me into buying a Waffen Amt Marked spring loaded shroud that fits over the barrel for guiding the clearing rod so it won't deform the rifling....recently found out what they were called,"MUNDUNGSSCHONERS".....every Luger collector should own one if he is able to pronounce it.
player29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #24
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,200 Posts

If you really want your .22lr supply to last, you can also get one of the Lothar Walther conversion kits.

These use a dummy round which transforms it from center fire to rimfire, just to make things even more complicated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LW_01.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	30933  

Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote