LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-04-2002, 09:59 PM   #1
Luke
User

Default Thor Rework of "Bavaria Rural Police" Luger

Just received my "Bavaria Rural Police" Luger which Ted refinished. IT IS BEAUTIFUL ! ! ! Can't say enough about the quality of Ted's work.

This gun was a cheap purchase at a gun show because someone had salt blued it . . . definitely not Kosher for a 1918. The good part was that the underlying metal was in great condition and the mechanical function was flawless.

Hugh is refinishing the grips, and G.T. is building a walnut mag base for it. I will post a picture of the finished product when I get all the parts married.

My thanks to Thor (Ted) for the outstanding work; we are lucky to have an artist like him on the forum.

Unread 01-04-2002, 11:07 PM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Re: Thor Rework of "Bavaria Rural Police" Luger

The Mag. bottoms for the B.R.P. are going to be something special!....More later.... to all the aluminum bottoms guys, I know it's been a long time but I am still working on them, you have my apoligies, but making precision metal parts on woodworking equipment is pretty damn tough!! I haven't forgotten anybody, and they will be sent out just as they were ordered! Thanks for your patients! till...later....G.T.

Unread 01-06-2002, 03:08 AM   #3
TheShadowKnows

Default Bavaria Rural Police

Did not the post WW-2 Bavarian Police have their weapons marked in English like the Railroad Police did while they were under the control of the US forces occupying the country?.if so, the inscription would be historically correct.......Korrekt?

The Shadow

Unread 01-06-2002, 08:58 AM   #4
Luke
User

Default Re: Bavaria Rural Police

Interesting question. Since this was a 1918 DWM, I assumed that the crude engraving was made post-1918 but not as late as 1945.

Unread 01-06-2002, 12:59 PM   #5
Thor
User

Default Re: Bavaria Rural Police

Not to mention the salt bluing that was 100% and looks IDENTICAL to they salt bluing done currently, not like any Mauser done back in the 30s. It was a current rework, I guarantee it! ~Thor~