LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 02-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
alvin
User

Default Pls help: Could you translate this description for me?

It's written in German, describes a manual's condition, but I have no idea what it says:

"gedruckt 1938, 24 Seiten mit grünem Schutzumschlag. Alles über diese Waffe von den Teilen bis zur Instandhaltung und Gebrauch des Anschlagkastens. Sehr gute bis neuwertige Erhaltung."

TIA
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,196 Posts

Printed in 1938. 24 pages with a green cover. Everything about this weapon from the parts until the maintenance and use of the stock. Very good / new condition.

Take care: There are many reprints of these manuals going around. The publisher of Deutsches Waffenjournal, Verlag Schwendt, has been publishing good quality reproductions for years. I have a faked C96 manual in my library as well, complete with bogus nazi stamp marking. The 'reprint' lettering on the back had been rubbed away and the booklet was soiled to make it look older. Since I bought it knowing it was a fake I didn't mind
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
alvin
User

Thanks Vlim. It's in Historica April session.

It could be fake. Some risk here.

I really love two pieces that they listed, "French Contract" with matching stock, and the "Transitional 1930" with matching stock. Neither are really that rare, but indeed rare with stock. But ATF Form 6 blah blah daunts me. They also list a hammer like tool for Conehammer, that I have never seen before..... will copy a pix here.... hold on

===

Here we go. What's the tool on the left?

Lot #2612: "Zwei Wisch- bzw. Putzstöcke.

Ein Wischstock mit Fettbüchse für Parabellum. Ein Putzstock mit Dorn zum Abstreifen der Grenzplatte für Mauser C 96 Conehammer. Jeweils nahezu neue Erhaltung. Nachbauten der kaum erhältlichen Originale."

===

Oh... they must mean a tool for Parabellum pistol..... I wrongly thought it's a tool for Parabellum caliber C96.
Attached Images

Unread 02-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,196 Posts

The one on the left was made for the postwar Mauser Parabellum commemoratives, by Mauser. I have an identical one, straight from the source (picked it up in Oberndorf myself).

The translation:

Ein Wischstock mit Fettbüchse für Parabellum. Ein Putzstock mit Dorn zum Abstreifen der Grenzplatte für Mauser C 96 Conehammer. Jeweils nahezu neue Erhaltung. Nachbauten der kaum erhältlichen Originale."

A cleaning rod with grease reservoir for Parabellum. A cleaning rod with attachment for stripping the lock plate of the Mauser C96 Conehammer. Also close to new condition. Reproductions of hard to get originals.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Vlim for your post:
Unread 02-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
alvin
User

It's interesting to note that German also read Erickson and Breathed.

Lot 1524, Transitional
Lot 1874, French

Pix copied here. Super nice rigs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	French Contract and Transitional 1930.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	11676