LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 09-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
jws4621
User

Default Interesting Luger

My friend is getting a luger in on trade and I don't have pictures of it on hand right this second but have seen them and was wondering about it.

The handle and bottom part of frame are what looks to be chrome or nickel. while the action and the barrel are both in original blue. It is nazi stamped and has a BYF stamp.

Just curiosity would it be worth 500 dollars. I was told that it has been shot very little and the picture make it look pretty much new?

When it gets in I will get pics of it and upload. Just trying to make sure I am doing ok
jws4621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,089 Posts

a shooter is generally worth $500-$600 easy; however I have found nickled ones sell for a bit less, and a "mixed" breed like yours could slel for less. Obviously it has been messed with, that said, $500 is not unreasonable if it functions and shoots.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
jws4621
User

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I also forgot it coming with I believe 3 sets of grips. and maybe some other things.

Thanks again.
Unread 10-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
jws4621
User

Well I finally got to see my luger last night and it is very awesome. And upon checking into all the things that I heard around here. All the serial numbers match except for the magazine that doesn't have a serial number on it.

The frame is defiantly been coated in some kind of rough non mostly kinda rough chrome or something.

but I really liked the Nazi symbols on the side. it has byf 42 on it. I will get pics up as soon as I can I forgot to take my camera over. I had to put it in layaway.

Thanks to this board for all your information

on a side note when you pull the action open without any ammo in it you are supposed to have to pull the magazine out and pull the trigger to get it back down or closed correct?
Unread 10-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

Pulling the trigger will not bring the toggle down. The best method is to remove the magazine and then pull the toggle back and ease it down into battery position.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote