LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 06-19-2007, 03:12 AM   #1
pelongs
New User

Default trigger not always working

Hi everybody,
I'm new and from Italy so, first of all, excuse me for my approximate English.
this is the problem of my 1937 s/42 Luger.
The first shot always work. The second goes regularly in the barrel, the striker is armed but, when i pull the trigger, it doesn't work. after some seconds (10-15) I pull the trigger again and it works. I guessed tha it could depend on the heat generated from the shot that goes to dilate some parts of the pistol, but I can't immagine what part and if this is the real problem.
I hope I've benn clear.
Thanks. Paolo.
pelongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Tomathvl
User

Paolo,
Welcome to the forum. Your approximate English beats my zero Italian by miles.
Sounds like the gun needs a good cleaning. Take it down and remove the firng pin and spring and clean the whole assembly real good and lightly oil with good gun oil and put it back together and try it out.
Tom
Tomathvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Paolo (El Wapo Regatazo), I'd suggest checking/&or replacing the coil spring in the trigger bar (sear assy) that actives the disconnector plunger. Sounds weak. Bona Fortuna, TH
Unread 06-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
badsnakeii
User

Im new to lugers too, but have been around guns for along time. And there are a few unwritten rules when fixing a problem with a highly valuble artifact. First do what is easiest and cheapest first.
To me it sounds like its probably been since the war since its been stripped, cleaned, and oiled. Thats the way my grand dads 1911 from wwii was. I say it probably needs a complete stip and clean but that might be over kill, i just like to make sure they are nice a clean. (Some say i have OCD with my guns ) It sounds like something is gunned up, but if its mechanical then its got to do with the weak spring. (not completely familar with luger parts yet or their names.)
I would Carefuly take it apart. There are vids on youtube under luger that will greatly help in taking them apart. Follow them closely and dont get ahead of him, also be very gentle with the parts of your luger, they are old and have had a long life. (No offence anyone)
Jarrod M
Unread 06-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
CROLUGER
User

Default Cleaning!

Welcome to the forum Paolo, I am new like you. The guys have right, you must clean your Luger, every parts. What kind of ammo you use?
Gretings from Croatia.
P.S.
Saluti da Cittanova,Istria(siamo 45 km da Trieste).Se hai la possibilita manda la foto del tuo LUGER!Ciao,Nikola
Luger DWM 1915, Luger BYF 1942, Walther P-38 AC43 & CYQ 1944, Mauser Hsc, Steyr 1909, Frommer Stop 1916, SA XD HS 45, Beretta M34, M70, M72, M950B, 92FS, Browning 1910/22, CZ M-48, CZ PAP M59/66, Winchester 9422M, GLOCK 19.
CROLUGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
pelongs
New User

Hi everybody.
At last I solved my problem. I followed all the suggestions that you all, very kindly, gave me.
But nothing. The most stupid part of the pistol was set in a wrong way. I intend the trigger level pin that stops the trigger level inside the trigger side plate. It was not firmly inserted so, each time I pulled the trigger, it slid out its seat.
Thanks again. Paolo.
pelongs is offline   Reply With Quote