LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 07-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
Mike B
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default Please meet my friend Col. Jeff DeBlanc ret

All too often we write about our military heros when they pass from this earth. I would like to introduce my very good friend and former high school math teacher to the forum. He is, to put it mildly, an extraordinary individual. Approaching 86 years old, he earned his doctorate degree early in his career. He just receintly put up his tennis racket. He was an active HAM radio operator most of his life and helped countless young people in their electronics endevors. Here is a link to his military career. Please read the whole article. It is extremely interesting. Not enough room here to tell the whole story.

Mike

http://www.medalofhonor.com/JeffersonDeBlanc.htm
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
drbuster
User

Mike, I can't tell for sure whether Col. DeBlanc has passed away or not from your touching post. People like Col. DeBlanc rose above the rest at a time of dire peril and lived to instill his wisdom and spirit into many students during his tenure as a school teacher. You should be honored to have experienced the knowledge of this great individual.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
Mike B
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Oh no, he has not passed. In fact, I walked out of church with him this morning. He shared with me a bit of interesting trivia. According to Mr. Jeff, the term "the whole 9 yards" comes from laying out all your bullets from your 6 machine gun belts off your wings at a single target. He ended his conversation by saying his runway is getting kind of short, but his next bird is going to be a helicopter. No runway necessary. I look forward to each chance I get to have a chat with Mr. Jeff, not matter how short or long. He is truly a gentleman.

Mike
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote