LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 06-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
policeluger
RIP

Default Way off ....

I had a customer come to me yesterday, now I hate typing letters, and I keep my customers dumb mistakes to my self, but this one I would like to share with you, and get it off my chest....this older man, not the sharpest kinfe in the drawer, had an approx 1700's scrimshaw whales tooth, for some reason I was unable to get from him, he cut the top 1/5th and same off the bottom, and now wanted me to crave the rest of the main body into grips for his....get this....Iver Johnson......keep the center scrimshaw design in to the new grip....like it would fit????...and what else hit his depleted brain cells along the way.....he could not fathom the value of this most historical and unique item, no guess if undamaged worth thousands in the first place.....I have bought/studied ivory as a passing interest, have a few walrus tusks and am sure about the tooth being original....there now I feel better.....remember the customer is always right....
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
Roadkill
User

Howard, something I learned a while back is that intelligence is measurable. There are IQ,SAT,ACT,ASVAB,MAT (that one really sucked) ect tests that will provide a fairly good indicator of intelligence. Stupidity, however, is not quantifiable. The capacity of stupidity is exponential, it is like trying to put specific definitions on the limits of the universe, that the dimensions of reality begin right here and end over there. But, being blessed with a humble abode in the great state of Alabama, I have learned to exist with and sometimes appreciate this capacity of idiocy concept and at times exhibit said traits myself. Dumb people are like dumb dogs. You just have to find something they can do well and make sure they stick to doing that. JD (my registered black lab that someone gave me - another example) is hard wired to retrieve. He can't help it. I've thought he was gonna drown trying to find that frisbee. Axl - hound dog extraordinare- has no concept of bringing anything back. Throw something and he"ll just stare at you with a "if you wanted it you shouldn't have thrown it away " look. But he goes insane over a fresh rabbit trail. He sounds like a mix between a burned Indian and a drunk red neck when he gets on a hot trail. Its when folks get out of their capacities that real strange things begin.

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote