LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 05-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
trigger643
User

Default a GI's request

The military, as most of you former men-at-arms, know, isn't 'consistant' about supplying the proper gear. (My brother, who was in the SEALs for 9 years manufactured most of his own team's web gear). My son and his unit are re-deploying for their 2nd tour in Iraq in June. He and his team of snipers will be attached to the 3/2 Stryker Brigade once again in Mosul, Iraq.

I am looking for donations, at their request, to properly equip my son and his 2 other sniper team mates with appropriate Black-Hawk gear to accomplish their mission, as my son and his mates will be hauling the communication gear, 1st aid gear and their sniping equipment. After reseach, they have concluded this bag is the best for their purpose. They need 3 of them. (Interestingly, this company was started by former Navy SEALs, seeing a need for proper equipment).

here is the link:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=4964&d=

If you are uncomfortable giving cash donations, a gift certificate can be made to

"Bco (Blackhawk) 1/23 (Tomahawks) Infantry 2nd ID" this link:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=2670&d=

Any amount is appreciated. Any excess amount received will be used towards "goodies" for the men of the 3/2 Stryker Brigade -- snacks, primarily, such as chips and jerky.

They deploy on June 28. I will be receiving and fowarding any contributions through the end of this month. Once the target amount of $1000.00 is received, I'll advise that it as been met and no other donations are necessary. However, should anyone feel inclined to send "goodies", I'll be more than happy to provide the AEO address for direct mailing.

Glen Crookston
5328 South Louthan Street
Littleton, CO 80120

trigger643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,123 Times in 1,434 Posts

Glen, Sounds like a more than reasonable request to help one of our own. My contribution to this worthy cause will be in Monday's mail to your address. I congratulate you on a Son who is serving the call of Freedom and I wish him and his comrades good hunting.
Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
trigger643
User

Thank you, Jerry. We need to get together soon. I've been hauling your leather around for years...

My Son:

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10002840zi.jpg

Unread 05-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I stand behind you and your brave son and his team Glen... May I suggest that you set up a Paypal account just for this purpose? It would make it easy for those who seldom leave their keyboard (like me) to make a donation...

Good Hunting indeed... take them out before they can get HERE.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
trigger643
User

Paypal and I had a falling out about a year ago over my GB account. They found out I was actually selling guns and gunparts on Gunbroker.com (of all places!), and, after having used them for almost 4 years in this capacity, they froze over $5,000 in my terminated account for almost 6 months. I had to pay an attorney to write a letter to get my money. John, for us computer lizards, that's why I also recommended the gift certificate route. We can order them directly online without leaving the comfort of the blue/grey glow of our computer screens...

Unread 05-12-2006, 12:22 PM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Glen, I understand your feelings & position on Paypal... I have never had an issue with them... but then I am in the position you were in...the gift certificate route it is then...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
Unread 05-12-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
trigger643
User

original email from Mike (remember, Mom has fashion sense):

[Add to Address Book]
To: glen <glen_crookston@comcast.net>, melody.crookston@coaccess.com, ron.reeder@coaccess.com, chuck.duda@coaccess.com
Subject: New Uniforms
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:55:21 PM [View Source]

I like the original uniforms better. See photos in email below to view the new BDUs.

Mike Netherton <felix_animus@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Info
To: melody_crookston@yahoo.com

Unit info: Bco (Blackhawk) 1/23 (Tomahawks) Infantry 2nd ID

Attatched are a couple of recent photos of me and a link to the communication bag.

Bag is less than 500.00 but I figured I can divy up the rest of the funds to my other two section members so they can buy their bags.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=4964&d=

Or if some are more comfortable knowing that the funds are going strictly to gear . You can add it all up and use gift certificates.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_det...uct_id=2670&d=

Thank you mom

I love you
and be sure to thank everyone for their support for me and my unit.

Unread 05-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
trigger643
User

as of 10:55 am this day, we are up to $425.00, not counting Jerry's and John's contributions, which are undisclosed. Thanks, Glen

Unread 05-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #9
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Just a note to let everyone know that I contacted Blackhawk by phone because their website indicates at checkout that there is a $7.95 shipping charge for a gift certificate... but the page where the certificate is selected says that shipping is free for gift certificates...

Blackhawk confirms that there is no shipping charge for gift certificates... and even though checkout indicates the charge, you will not be charged for shipping...

Unread 05-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
trigger643
User

thanks for cleaing that up, John. I didn't think about it, as I purchased a $100.00 gift certifcate for them myself. Hell, I don't want my boy eating jerky all day when he needs something to haul his stuff =). Love him, but know him...