LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 03-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
Pete Ebbink
User

Default CADA Protection For Beginners...

I asked these questions on other forums and got some good info about the CADA organization and the potential protection some of our beginning luger collectors may gain by utilizing CADA member dealers for their first few lugers.

As beginners are most prone to fall prey to unscrupulous luger peddlers, I thought sharing the CADA info. I was able to get from a NAPCA member might help those just starting out in their first luger purchase...

Original Questions I posted on other forums :

Could someone point me to a web site link or would anyone have info. on the Collector Arms Dealers Association (CADA) ?

I see their plastic name plates on many gun dealer tables at gun shows and several showcase their CADA membership on their web sits or gun Lists...

Wonder if CADA affiliation has a strong "thumbs up" amongst collectors...especially if beginning collectors can count on the honesty of the CADA dealer or the authenticity of their wares ?

Does membership in CADA have any provisions for beginning buyers...in case a gun purchase does not work out and the buyer wants to take some recourse through the national CADA organization ?

Does CADA expell members found not to uphold their standards ?

Any info on CADA or a link to their organization web site would be appreciated.
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
Pete Ebbink
User

My follow-up posting on the other forums :

Thanks to a NAPCA member on the new NAPCA web site, I received the following info.

CADA web site link :

http://www.cadausa.com/

Please note the link that describes the Code Of Ethics for members to abide by.

Please note the link to the current list of CADA members.

My reply on the NAPCA web site...

" Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I noticed that the current list of Members is not extensive.

I have also noticed some prominent dealers at gun shows that still display the nice plastic CADA placard on their tables at gun shows that do not appear to be Members in standing.

Maybe it is time for me to write a letter to CADA to report those dealers and forward their contact info. to CADA.

I appreciate the CADA organization and the code of ethics they require of their members and the iron-clad return policy and a vehicle for arbitration if a buyer feels he/she has been slighted in a transaction with a CADA member. One cannot ask for more than that.

I also appreciate the fact that CADA member are mandated to issue a written Statement of Authenticy if the buyer requests one.

If one of our beginning collectors do buy from a "current" CADA member, they have some protections to be treated fairly and have certain rights that they can pursue if they feel they have been slighted. "
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Pete:

Note that the rules only apply to members who:

(1) exhibit at a Collector Arms Dealers Association (CADA) show, or

(2) use the CADA web site

So the rules don't apply if they exhibbit at a non CADA show or do not use the web site.

Note also the punishment:

(1) refusal of space at future CADA shows

(2) refused the use of the CADA Web site.