LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Sonofeugene
User

Default Appraising a Luger.....

I have a Luger that I inherited some 34 years ago from my father and while I've had a couple guys look at it, they really didn't know the gun. So, I'm looking for someone in the south bay area (San Jose/Sunnyvale or as close as possible) who I can take it to for an opinion on it's worth. The main question I have is has it been re-blued or is the finish original?

The rest of it, I already know. All numbers match, both exterior and interior, except the magazine. The bore is a little rough but fine for shooting. (I plan to put a few rounds through it in the next few weeks.) And the wood grips, though a little dirty, are not soaked through with oil. There is one small missing corner of the left grip at the top/back of the grip where the safety is.

Oh, and it's a 1942 ybf. And I have some of the original communications between the seller (originally in Missouri, as I recall) and my father. He bought it and a box of ammo in 1948 for 35 dollars.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Sonofeugene is offline   Reply With Quote