LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 04-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #1
Sieger
User

Post New Chinese Parabellum

Hi All:

Over ten years ago, I read an article in the Deutsches Waffen Journal regarding a prototype, examined by the author, of a 9mm P-08 clone being produced in China for export sale.

Has anyone else heard of such a pistol, and if so, where?

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 12:45 AM   #2
Thor
User

Nope, but I have started work today on a 45 ACPChinese Broomhandle. Man.........that is one BIG DUDE HOG LEG PISTOL!!!
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 02:09 AM   #3
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,617 Times in 526 Posts
I've never heard of a Chinese-produced Luger but wouldn't it be nice if they did? They're one country that could make them at a reasonable price.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 02:19 AM   #4
Sieger
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Doubs:
<strong>I've never heard of a Chinese-produced Luger but wouldn't it be nice if they did? They're one country that could make them at a reasonable price.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Doubs:

The sad thing is that I just remembered that gun grabber Bill Clinton excluded firearms from the goodies we can import from China. Oh well.

The German author was quite happy with the function of the Chinese Luger, but commented that finish was not up to European standards (something I'm sure the Chinese would have been happy to "fix").

Sieger
Unread 04-18-2004, 01:53 PM   #5
stymie
User

Thor...

I'll bet that Shansi Broomhandle didn't come w/ OEM 10rd stripper clips... lol

I had one of the IAR .45s w/ the QD stock.
Unread 04-18-2004, 04:22 PM   #6
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,617 Times in 526 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Sieger:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Doubs:
<strong>I've never heard of a Chinese-produced Luger but wouldn't it be nice if they did? They're one country that could make them at a reasonable price.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Doubs:

The sad thing is that I just remembered that gun grabber Bill Clinton excluded firearms from the goodies we can import from China. Oh well.
Sieger</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">That's true..... I'd forgotten about that. Maybe it's time we remind the administration that Clinton doesn't dictate Chinese policy any longer!

However, I'm sure our domestic manufacturers wouldn't be so pleased to have China exporting guns to the US again. Still, a policy limited to historic arms might be workable.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 06:21 PM   #7
TOGGLELOCK
User

Chinese steel sucks, so don't expect their P08 to rival anything that was manufacturered 60+ years ago. TOGGLELOCK
TOGGLELOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
Thor
User

Wish I could read these markings on this 45 ACP Chinese pistol. I will post pictures on it later this week.
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:26 AM   #9
Sieger
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by TOGGLELOCK:
<strong>Chinese steel sucks, so don't expect their P08 to rival anything that was manufacturered 60+ years ago. TOGGLELOCK</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Dear Togglelock:

Well, some of their steel sucks, some of it does not. I guess it would compare to the other firearms being currently made there.

The old steel used in their M98 copies often sucked!!

Sieger

PS: We can't import them anyway, so it won't really matter.
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:30 AM   #10
Sieger
User

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thor:
[QB]Wish I could read these markings on this 45 ACP Chinese pistol. I will

Thor:

These should be easy to read. Do we have any Chinese members?

It may be a bit to early to ask you, but what do you think of the quality of production of this Hand Cannon, as I may just buy on for myself.

Sieger
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:41 AM   #11
Sieger
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Doubs:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Sieger:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Doubs:

Sieger</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">That's true..... I'd forgotten about that. Maybe it's time we remind the administration that Clinton doesn't dictate Chinese policy any longer!

However, I'm sure our domestic manufacturers wouldn't be so pleased to have China exporting guns to the US again. Still, a policy limited to historic arms might be workable.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Doubs:

You make an interesting point here regarding our firearms manufacturers, but what about everything else we are importing from them, all $134,000,000,000 worth of it?!?

It's ironic that Clinton stabbed the Unions here in the back with his China trade policy and they didn't even feel the knife blade.

Now the Dems are trying to blame the Republicans for "out sourcing".

Wonders never cease!!!

Sieger
Unread 04-19-2004, 06:44 AM   #12
Hairy
User

My son is fluent in Chinese, so if you have any photos, please post them & we'll get a translation.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #13
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,194 Posts
But check first if this DWJ article wasn't in the april issue.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #14
Thor
User

Will do Hairy, thank you! I will have a full photo run up on it later this week.
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
Unread 04-20-2004, 12:50 AM   #15
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

Thor

The Feb/Mar 2004 issue of Handguns has a translation of the marks. They did a review of the gun in the Oct/Nov 2003 issue...

On the right side of the receiver it says "1929 made in Shansei, Republic of China". The other side caused some confusion. One person came up with "Model 17" while an article from American Rifleman in 1948 said in meant "Seventh Year" which equals 1918. Some noted that the characters of the two guns were similar but slightly different. The article said some mystery will prevail...
Unread 04-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #16
stymie
User

http://www.northwest-denture.com/mau...ariations.html
Unread 04-20-2004, 10:49 AM   #17
stymie
User

http://www.iar-arms.com/mausereview1.htm
Unread 07-04-2004, 06:31 AM   #18
Franz Lehr
New User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Thor:
<strong>Wish I could read these markings on this 45 ACP Chinese pistol. I will post pictures on it later this week.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Thor, if you mean the www.gunsworld.com/mauser/c96/graphs/Shansei_R_CU.jpg then there the translation is wrong. It should be read from the right to the left (starting from the barrel side). The first five signs means "18 years after the last emperor" = year 1912, the remaining signs means a name, maybe Shang Sei.
If you have anything else, please post me a picture, I am presently a director of a large water project and the Contractor is a Chinese company.
Franz
Franz Lehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2004, 03:46 PM   #19
Thor
User

Franz, please send me an email to Thor340@aol.com and I will email you the pictures of the Shansei Broomhandle I am talking about. Thanks for your help.
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com