View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
johnii
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyny View Post
I have a P08 that I need some help identifying and an opinion as to price. This came from a friend of mine who's Dad was stationed in Germany for a time immediately following WWII.

The pictures would suggest that what he has is a "Mauser 2 Digit Date" Luger and given the shape it's in, I'm guessing might fetch between $1500-$2200. Did I get the identification correct? It also looks like the holster may have been bought at the PX? Is it American or German? The pistol has 1 matching magazine and one aftermarket magazine with an aluminum base and a stamping "MADE IN DENMARK".

All the components are matching numbers. It has some bluing wear from the holster but the chamber and barrel internals look practically new. This is the first anyone has seen this gun since WWII Germany!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You say all matching components. Does this also mean the firing pin? Did you take it all apart to see all matching? The Germans did this with all parts stamping serial numbers. Take it all apart and see if the serial numbers go all the way down to separation of parts. If you find a mismatch with the firing pin then you have a mismatch according to Luger P-08 standards here and elsewhere.
johnii is offline   Reply With Quote